1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tutorial How to Use RuneMate Spectre

Discussion in 'Client & Site Support' started by Arbiter, Apr 17, 2016.

1. Arbiter

Arbiter Mod Automation

Video Tutorial

Credits to @jojo162 for creating this awesome tutorial​

Logging In

[​IMG]

Provide your RuneMate forum credentials (username and password). Optionally, if (and only if) you set up Two-Step Verification provide the key.

Starting Instances

[​IMG]

Once you login you will be greeted by the Instance Config page. You can also navigate to this page by clicking the "Add Instance" button on the bottom right or from your menu using "File > New Instance." First, let's define an instance. An instance is a group of three things: a bot, an account, and a RuneScape client. In order to start an instance and be on your way botting you need to choose one of each.

Choosing a bot should be self-explanatory. Pick your favorite bot that you added on our Bot Store.

[​IMG]

Now pick one of the RuneScape accounts you have added to the client. If you have not added one yet you can click the "Add Account" button and submit the credentials. This will keep your RuneScape account logged in if you get disconnected or get logged out from the game.

[​IMG]

Lastly, you must select a client. A client is an application that loads the RuneScape game into it. We currently only support the official RuneScape Java client (and RSU for our Linux users).

This client works for both RuneScape 3 and Old School RuneScape.

If you are unsure if you have this version, uninstall RuneScape from your computer, download from the link above, and re-install. If you do not have it yet, download and install it. Please keep in mind that you must restart RuneMate after installing the RuneScape client.

Assuming you have the RuneScape client installed on your computer, you can now click the "Start OSRS Client" or "Start RS3 Client" buttons, depending on which game type you wish to bot on. Once you click it the RuneScape client should open on your computer. RuneMate should automatically detect that a new client is available and refresh itself. In case it does not you can hit the "Refresh Clients" button.

[​IMG]

Now that you have made a selection for each of the categories (Bot, Account, and Client) the "Start Instance" button will be enabled. You can click this button to begin botting.

[​IMG]

Happy botting!

Adding Bots

[​IMG]

You can add bots from the Bot Store. You can navigate to the Bot Store by clicking the "+" button next to "BOTS" label on the left sidebar, through your menu "View > Bot Store," by clicking the "Bot Store" link in the header of every page on RuneMate, or by clicking this link. If you have recently added bots that are not showing up in the RuneMate client, then you can click the "Refresh" button (the one that is a circle with an arrow) next to the "BOTS" label on the left sidebar.

Adding Accounts

[​IMG]

You can add an account to the RuneMate client by clicking the "+" button next to the "YOUR ACCOUNTS" label at the top of the left sidebar. Once you are on the Account Details page, fill out the form and click "ADD ACCOUNT."

#1 Arbiter, Apr 17, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2019
    Viitamin, Nudle, Jasm141 and 7 others like this.
  2. Jamesnolar

When is OSRS going to be added?

Igetmormoney likes this.
  3. Arbiter

Arbiter Mod Automation

We already support OSRS. Simply click "Start OSRS Instance" instead.

roydo67 likes this.
  4. barnoss23

Great work, And thank you for all the effort the staff put in for this too be created!

5. gashtag

Trying to get this Spectre to work. Got the official OSRS client downloaded like the guide in the forums says. But ones i hit "Start instance" green textbox appreas with "Failed to bind to virtual machine because of a AgentinitialiazationException". ANyknow that expirence that aswell or know how to solve?

6. Arbiter

Arbiter Mod Automation

Uninstall your current version of RuneMate, re-download from our Download page, and re-install.

7. Vnxiety

I keep getting "Failed to create the internal bot representation because reflection failed". any suggestions?

8. pedrorafaeln

I'm running on Linux, I can open the client and even launch the OSRS client, but apparently Spectre can not find the OSRS client that is open.

9. gashtag

Yes Arbiter, that solved it. Looks amazing and thanks for the help! :)

10. Vnxiety

From the issue I stated earlier, appears to be a problem with Pi Chopper.

11. ichaseexp

will all scripts bots eventually have a "interface" with the runtime / gains / etc ...

12. Arbiter

Arbiter Mod Automation

I hope so. It's up to the Bot Authors to code it.

13. ichaseexp

True. well listen, i really am amazed at the effort and end result of this update. Its left me speechless (in a good way) told my gf countless amounts of time irl all bout the updates and everything that went on today. Thanks so much, will be donating very soon. Kudos, great work

Arbiter likes this.
  14. American Express

American Express RuneMate Staff

[​IMG]

ichaseexp likes this.
  15. ichaseexp

16. AngryGinger

Where can it be downloaded at?

17. Arbiter

Arbiter Mod Automation

The Download link in the header of literally every page on RuneMate...

18. AngryGinger

I thought that was just the old bot! apologies!

19. Phannary Veasna

I cant get the client to work. I am able start the instance but it doesn't give me the option to chose where to mine and what to mine. Underneath the stop and pause button it says "this bot does not have an interface" Am I doing something wrong?

20. SlashnHax

That'd be on the bot author. Post on the bot's thread about it.