1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OSRS PVP Guide - How to make: 1 def pure, Void pure, Zerker, and Tank:

Discussion in 'Guides' started by Serene, May 16, 2016.

1. Dulimundo

This is a great guide! I'm also using your NMZ Bot :)

Serene likes this.
  2. Serene

Serene ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Thanks man! Let me know if you run into any problems.

Dulimundo likes this.
  3. spanishguy

@Serene
    Crap, I just found this out:
    "The general consensus is that the set bonus is inferior to other equipment unless the combat stat is at least 85. For example, when training ranged, the attack bonuses of traditional ranged equipment (e.g. black d'hide, Barrows Gloves, etc.) that is sacrificed outweighs the benefits of the set bonus (unless you're 90+ Ranged). "

So I guess I gotta try to get 90 ranged before attempting to go for void to use it to 99 :( Wasted some time there.

4. Serene

Serene ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

That's only in reference to high defence monsters. If training at areas with low defence monsters (nmz, yaks, experiments, rock/sand crabs), you won't need the extra attack bonus from d'hide - so the accuracy and damage boost from void proves more effective. If you were fighting dragons at sub-85 range then use d'hide. If you're fighting yaks or nmz monsters at sub 85 range then use void.

I've tested it a bit and void always got ~2-5k+ more xp/hr at early levels in NMZ (getting up to 10k+/hr at later levels) and while chinning at sub 90 levels. It's why people choose to chin in void instead of dragonhide even at 70 range - because the defence level of the monsters you'll be fighting are so low that void's bonuses outweigh dragonhide's attack bonus.

spanishguy likes this.
  5. spanishguy

Oh, well I guess back to pest control lmao! Thanks!

Serene likes this.
  6. Dulimundo

I don't know what to do! I really wanted to make a maxed out pure but I only have one account and that would be my main. I wanna be able to do PvM and do a bunch of quests etc. but I want an account that's really good at PvP as well. I've always wanted to be a pure but I'm having second thoughts. When I played RS2 many years ago I only had a main and wanted to always be very good at PvP and was always jealous of the 1 DEF Pures. Any opinions?

Edit: My stats are as follows 45ATK/ 33 STR/ 86 RANGE/ 99 MAGE/ 75HP so I have the ability to still create a Zerker/Range Tank.

#26 Dulimundo, Mar 23, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2017
  7. Serene

Serene ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

If you like melee, do a zerker and possibly transition into a dh/70 def setup. If you don't care as much for melee, you can transition into a ranged tank setup. You'll be lower cb than a dh acc, but you'll also be confined to less melee options (either 75/70 attack with low strength, or high strength (60 atk/88 str vs 50 atk/98str) with less access to higher tier melee weapons.

8. Dulimundo

I'm so torn atm. If I go the Range Tank route, then I could stop doing NMZ and get the stats for MM2 and Chin there correct?

9. Serene

Serene ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Yeah, though I wouldn't start getting the stats for mm2 (slayer specifically) until you have 75+ range. BP + cannon makes slayer a looooot faster. If you don't really care about speed, then yeah I'd go ahead and go for it.

10. Dulimundo

I'm currently 87 range, so maybe ill go for it.

11. spanishguy

I have been thinking, wouldn't the setup for 60 attack and 88 str not be that beneficial in pking due to fact that 60 attack is too low and inaccurate to hit on higher level players with defense? Isn't it better to try and KO with a range method being a range tank, since range level will be 99 and thus more efficient than 60 att and 88 str??

Dulimundo likes this.
  12. Dulimundo

Some guy copied this word for word here...

Serene likes this.
  13. Serene

Serene ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

His is a bit outdated too. You should let him know his isn't as good 8)

Dragon claws, d mace, dds and d sword are pretty accurate. Also as a non-maxed range tank (non-99 def), you'll fight plenty of zerkers and voiders, maybe even a few pures at sub 90 hp. You'll be fine

14. Dulimundo

What would be the fastest route possible to get 99 Def?

15. spanishguy

Are you talking for a range tank? If so and you are getting 70 attack as well, you could use Dharoks

16. Dulimundo

VERY TRUE! Yes I have decided to build my pure in to a range tank.

Serene likes this.
  17. spanishguy

@Serene
    So I have just tested the blowpipe at lvl 76. I am getting 83k xp per hr, vs 66k xp per hr with rune arrows and magic shortbow (i). At lvl 95-99 range, the xp per hrs according to this video I will link are 70k for MSB (i) and 98k for Blowpipe with mith darts. Due to the fact that the majority of the experience bulk is from 91 - 99 essentially, I would think that it would be good to use 70k vs 98k range xp per hr as a basis. Based on this, from 91 to 99 range (7,131,600 xp) with MSB it would take 102 hrs, and with blowpipe it would take 73 hrs. That means with blowpipe you end up saving 29 hours. The difference in cost according to the video is 582k per hr extra for using the blow pipe, so essentially with blow pipe, it ends up costing 16,878,000gp more which can be recovered in 11 hrs of zulrah with a main account.

I was thinking about the MM2 quest, but getting the required skills, especially 69 agility, would take probably the same amount of time than just getting 99 range with a blowpipe?

Video (minute 7:01):

18. Serene

Serene ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Think of it like this:

If you're a ranged tank (or voider), the chances of you wanting MM2 done are high in general. Either you're going to want ballista for pking, or you going to want high agility/slayer for pvm (70 agil for sara, 71 agil for zulrah shortcut). So you might as well do it.

You only need 55 agility for MM2, not 69. Agil takes you roughly 130k xp from 40 (at a rate of ~19k xp/hr), so you're looking at maybe 7 hours of agility - which is useful in general because you need 56 agility (51 potted) to unlock Zulrah anyways.

You do need 69 slayer, not sure if thats what you meant. Slayer is same xp/hr as blowpipe - sometimes even more when you use cannon (atm I average about 110k-120k xp/hr on my tasks when I use bp + cannon) so you're not losing out on any xp, you're making decent money, and you're getting the stats to unlock MM2 while also training range at a similar if not faster pace. Then in the long run you save money and get your stats faster because:

Say you start slayer at 75 range like I did, you'll probably get 69 slayer before 85 range (I got mine right around 83-84 range).
    At NMZ, bp costs ~300k gp/hr not including what you would make back from points (BP costs at NMZ? • r/2007scape), and in that hour you'd get roughly 100k xp. So ~3gp/xp.

At MM2, at 85 ranged I got 300k xp from 1k chins, which cost 880ish ea at the time. So a little less than ~3gp/xp, but I'm also throwing 2k chins per hour so I'm getting 600k xp/hr.

If it takes you 73 hours for 91-99 ranged, it'll take someone chinning at mm2 less than 12 hours (getting experience rates calc'ed at 85 range, with the slowest chinning option possible). They have 61 more hours than you to do whatever they'd like. But let's say they spent an extra 7 hours getting agil, maybe 7 hours getting hunter, and 5 getting crafting. They still have over 40 extra hours of time with 99 range that they can spend elsewhere, and they spent the exact same gp as you. And they have MM2 unlocked already aka heavy ballista, as well as demonic gorillas (best in-game gp/hr).

But lets say you take into account how many boxes you'll get from NMZ (calc'ed from that reddit thread, 240k points per hr = ~1844 herb boxes from 91-99 range), you'll potentially make 18.4m back if you buy herb boxes every day for the next 123 days after you get 99 range. But even that doesn't make up for the lost time because 18.4m / 40 extra hours is less than 500k/hr. The person who chinned (and used extra time to get the stats for MM2) instead of used nmz would have to make 460k/hr to match your profit. Zulrah is over 500k/hr with bare minimum stats, it'll be a lot more than that with a 99 stat and 40 extra hours - and they'll get access to that money a lot earlier than in 123 days.

And this is all assuming you had to use ~19 extra hours to get the agility, hunter and crafting for MM2. If you already have the stats (minus the slayer), you'll have 61 extra hours of playtime in which you could make well over 18m. No matter how you do it, even if you take hours to get the stats for mm2, chinning comes out more beneficial than bp @ nmz.

Also if you meant msb(i) vs. chinning, then I'd def stick with chinning. Msb(i) is almost 1/10th the xp/hr as chinning, but still costs a good 1/3rd of the price. You're better off saving time and using that to make money back at zulrah.

spanishguy likes this.
  19. spanishguy

@Serene dammit, I guess I have to get the stats to do MM2 lol. I have been very busy, so all I can do for now is bot, but I will do my best and somehow try to get that slayer up.

20. Dulimundo

I literally thought the same thing, I'm currently going for 71 Agility. Any reccomendations with bots?