1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Computer hardware service

Discussion in 'Programming & Hardware' started by YubiBotter, Mar 2, 2015.

1. Yuuki Asuna

For the server? $500 usd pref.

2. YubiBotter

Chassis: Dell PowerEdge R710 6-Port Chassis $250
    Select Your CPU - Option #1 2.93 GHz Hex-Core Intel Xeon Processor with 12MB Cache -- X5670 $80
    Select Your CPU — Option #2: 2.93 GHz Hex-Core Intel Xeon Processor with 12MB Cache -- X5670 $80
    Upgrade Your Memory: 32GB Memory Upgrade Kit (8x4GB) PC3-10600R $60
    Choose Your Hard Drive RAID controller: SAS 6/iR RAID Controller Card (SAS/SATA) 0-1 $0
    Choose Your RAID Level: No RAID Installation $0
    Add a Hard Drive — Option #1: 1TB 7.2K RPM SATA 3.5" Dell Hard Drive $40
    Add a Hard Drive — Option #2: No HDD / Filler Only $0
    Add a Hard Drive — Option #3: No HDD / Filler Only $0
    Add a Hard Drive — Option #4: No HDD / Filler Only $0
    Add a Hard Drive — Option #5: No HDD / Filler Only $0
    Add a Hard Drive — Option #6: No HDD / Filler Only $0
    Would you like to add a Remote Access Card (RAC)? iDRAC6 Express Remote Access Card $0
    Would you like to add a Network Card? Included Quad Port Gigabit NICs $0
    Please select your Power Supply Unit: Dell 870 Watt PSU $0
    Would you like to add an Optical Drive? No Optical Drive $0
    Would you like to add a Bezel? No Bezel $0
    Would you like to add Rails? No Rails $0
    Would you like to add VMware? No VMware $0
    Would You Like to Upgrade Your Warranty? * 1 Year ServerMonkey Warranty (Included) $0
    The total is $510, from what I can see that's a good option.
    Though idk if bots still use the CPU for rendering RS or if you would need a GPU to help with that.

3. Yuuki Asuna

Where would I buy that from? And they mostly use CPU, but I'll throw in a 750ti :D I'm buying 5 750tis for a pretty cheap price. Gotta love that gpu xd

4. YubiBotter

Yeah you can tell I haven't been sleeping much, I'm hoping this link will work for you:
    Shopping Cart | ServerMonkey.com

And yeah the 750 Ti is a pretty good purchase for this situation, efficient and won't output a lot of heat.

Yuuki Asuna likes this.
  5. Gengsta

Gengsta Community Manager

@YubiBotter
    How big of a difference would there be between the i5 7600k / i7 7700k in regards of running multiple bots?
    Thinking about going for the i7 but I'd like to hear some opinions on if spending the extra $120 would be worth it.

6. YubiBotter

It doubt it would be close to double the performance as you would assume from thread count, but if I had to guess I would assume it to run ~40% to 50% more bots?
    What I typically do to gauge a rough number of bots is find someone with either the i5 or i7, ask them how many bots they can run and compare against a synthetic benchmark like Cinebench.

Other than that, I can't really give an accurate guess.

7. qverkk

@YubiBotter what setup would u suggest for botting rs with the new ryzen 1800x

Wysłane z mojego MI 5s przy użyciu Tapatalka

8. YubiBotter

RYZEN 7 1800X 3.6GHz 8-Core, Source 210 (Black) ATX Mid Tower - System Build - PCPartPicker
    Something like ^
    Didn't pick storage as you might have a spare drive lying around, or you may want something in particular, it's just a HDD so it's not important.
    As for the GPU, that's similar in the sense that it's dependent upon what you're doing with it, but if it's just generic botting then something like this should be enough:
    VisionTek Radeon R7 250 1GB Video Card (900649) - PCPartPicker

9. weasel92

Budget: around 1500 give or take
    Intended use: high performance gaming, maximum bots when i sleep/work
    Currency: USD

edit : also i dont really wanna build it myself in home :S

10. YubiBotter

Is there any particular reason as to why you don't want to build it?
    I have to admit I'm not sure what your options are if you intend to go prebuilt, I never usually recommend them as they typically have poor component choices, especially for specific workloads.

However if you do know if any retailers in your area that could build it for you, then I could help you.

11. chris121

hello, i was going to buy a gaming pc for £1000-£1500 max

Should I buy a 4k gaming pc for that or would I get better for my money on a normal gaming pc?

Internet speed is 100/6 so I can watch 4k very well.

Would you be able to help me find one on overclockers website please?

12. YubiBotter

Honestly I can't see 4k fitting that budget with a prebuilt system.
    This would be my best suggestion for gaming within your budget, I would probably stick to 1080/2k for your resolution though.
    OcUK Tech Labs Skylake Z170 Pro Gaming PC Configurator

13. chris121

thank you yubiBotter.

YubiBotter likes this.
  14. weasel92

@YubiBotter , hey, sorry for the late reply. i went ahead and ordered off Cyberpowerpc. you can customize a lot and they build it for you. This is what i went with, let me know how i did

• BLKFRISALE1: CYBERPOWERPC Skorpion K1 RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard w/ Kontact Blue Switches and Programmable RGB LED Lighting [+5]
    • CAS: CyberPowerPC AZZA 260S Mid-Tower Gaming Case w/ Full-size Tempered Glass Panel Window + 7 color RGB LED [-24] (White Color)
    • CASUPGRADE: RGB Multi-Color 16 color LED 1x interior light strip w/ Remote Controller
    • CC: None
    • CD: None
    • CD2: None
    • COOLANT: None
    • CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700X 3.4GHz [3.8GHz Turbo] Eight-Core 16MB L3 Cache 95W Processor
    • CS_FAN: 3X 120mm Color Case Cooling Fans for your selected case [+15] (Orange Color)
    • FAN: Corsair Hydro Series H60 120mm Liquid CPU Cooling System w/ Copper Cold Plate (Single Standard 120MM Fan)
    • FLASHMEDIA: None
    • HD_M2SSD: None
    • HD_PCIE1X_SSD: None
    • HDD: 120GB WD Green SSD + 2TB SATA III Hard Drive Combo (Combo Drive)
    • HDD2: None
    • HEADSET: ZALMAN ZM-HPS200 GAMING HEADSET
    • IUSB: Built-in USB 2.0 Ports
    • KEYBOARD: AZZA Multimedia USB Gaming Keyboard
    • MEMORY: 16GB (8GBx2) DDR4/2400MHz Dual Channel Memory (Corsair or Major Brand)
    • MONITOR: None
    • MOPAD: None
    • MOTHERBOARD: MSI X370 GAMING PRO CARBON AM4 ATX w/ RGB, Intel LAN, Intel LAN, 3 PCIe x16, 3 PCIe x1, 6 SATA3, 2 M.2 SATA/PCIe [+55]
    • MOUSE: CyberpowerPC Standard 4000 DPI with Weight System Optical Gaming Mouse
    • NETWORK: Onboard Gigabit LAN Network
    • OVERCLOCK: No Overclocking
    • POWERSUPPLY: 600 Watts - Standard 80 Plus Certified Power Supply - SLI/CrossFireX Ready
    • PRO_WIRING: None
    • RUSH: Standard processing time: ship within 5 to 10 Business Days
    • SECURITY: None
    • SERVICE: 3 Years FREE Service Plan (INCLUDES LABOR AND LIFETIME TECHNICAL SUPPORT)
    • SLI_BRIDGE: Standard SLI/Crossfire Bridge
    • SOUND: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO
    • VIDEO: AMD Radeon RX 480 4GB GDDR5 Video Card [VR Ready] [+141] (Single Card)
    • WARRANTY: STANDARD WARRANTY: 1 Year Parts WARRANTY + ONE (1) YEAR SHIPPING [+10]
    • WNC: None
    • WTV: None

15. YubiBotter

Not at all, I'm glad people require my help, otherwise I'm here for nothing.
    Personally I would have looked into other things for the following reasons:
    CPU Cooler: Personal preference to some degree, but there are several aircoolers out there that will excel on any high end chip while being considerably more reliable. Watercooling has the permanent drawback of more moving parts = more potential faults.

Headset: This is just a nitpick to some extent, I'm really not sure I've ever seen a good product from Zalman, from my experience with their hardware it's just been a terrible experience from day one. I hope for your sake it's at least half decent.

Motherboard: Personally I feel you may have overpaid for this board, considering that I don't believe you'll be overclocking and you haven't paid Cyberpower to do it for you. Usually on more expensive boards you're paying for the chipset's extra interfaces and functionality, but a primary focus is also overclocking, without the requirement of overclocking you are paying extra.

Powersupply: Would've liked to know exactly what PSU it is, pretty important when you consider how detrimental a PSU fault can be. It's also relatively important to your electric bill when you're running that system overnight with bots. The last thing you want is a PSU to shit the bed and pose as a fire hazard.

Naturally I'm not fond of your peripherals but that is subject to preference.
    Other than the above comments, it's perfectly fine. The Ryzen 1700X will definitely prove to be a good purchase for RS botting, while the RX 480 is a pretty formidable card in itself for the price, I bought my brother a Sapphire RX 480 and refuse to believe how quiet and cool it runs.

16. weasel92

Ah yeah i wasn't too sure on air or water-cooled, honestly, the deciding factor was me never having a water cooled unit. Hopefully that saying "if its not broken, don't fix it!" doesn't come into play there lol.

The headset was thrown in for free as some deal for purchasing the desktop, also got a mechanical keyboard for 5 bucks as part of a deal. The one that comes with is probably throwaway junk like most freebies lol.

Motherboards have always been my trouble area for picking a good one for the right price :/

After further research i believe the power supply may be EVGA? if worse comes to worse i can always get a better name brand.

I am really stoked for the processor/GPU combo! i thought i got it at a great price too. The Ryzen was much cheaper than the i7-7700k which i thought was surprising because the benchmarks are much better on the Ryzen (Though im not to sure how accurate or biased the site i used is) The RX480 was also comparable in price to the GTX 1050 but i was told the RX480 is about 25% better? I'm not sure!

Thank you for your thorough replies i really hope i didn't mess up too bad! Shipped to my door for under 1300 would've been much less if i didn't go overboard on aesthetics LOL

17. YubiBotter

Yeah I can certainly see the temptation for a watercooling unit, I've been there and unfortunately done that :p

I did notice that mechanical keyboard, I'm hoping the switches are cherry but considering it was free, I think it's safe to assume not.

The Ryzen chip is very new and yeah currently I would say it's the best offering you'll get for that kind of money, AMD's new processors are really interesting for workloads like botting and anything that's particularly multithreaded.
    As for the RX480, that's more comparable to the GTX 1060 3GB model, certainly a great card.

Going on the assumption that it's your first system it's not a bad system by any stretch, and to some extent I can't blame you for aesthetics, my case cost me £140 because I liked how it looked.
    Must admit I've never really been one for lighting a PC though, I can make the exception for a fully custom watercooling loop though.

18. weasel92

They are blue keys actually! Hope my girlfriend is ready to be kept up from the new typewriter i got :D

19. YubiBotter

Yeah there are clone switches made by Kailh and other companies like Razer (really not a fan of Razer's switches tbh).
    Considering their website just says "KontacT Blue" I'm pretty sure they're not Cherry, usually that's advertised on the product because it is a selling point.

20. nickynick123456

nickynick123456 Giant Nerd

Kind of a reverse question, how many bots do you think I can run? The build can be found at xnQpm8 if you attatch that to the end of a pc partpicker permalink since I can't post external links. It's currently running windows but I have a virtual box that I can run linux if that'd be better for it. My concern is when I look at CPU and memory usage between runemate and the client its fairly high and I don't know if I can efficiently run 2 or 3. I make a point of optimizing the heck out of everything, but no overclocking, just clean with no unnecessary/heavy processes.

Thanks in advance,
    King