1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suggestion Usage Hours Rework

Discussion in 'Client & Site Suggestions' started by Guru, Apr 10, 2017.

1. Guru

Usage hours are probably the most common issue that people have with the current state of the bot. I would like to propose the following changes.

• No more rolling reset for hours
      • Rolling reset is too confusing to new users, they just don't understand it and it isn't obvious unless told.
    • Have two hour counts
      • Free Hours
        • Free hours are the ones gifted to you every month by RuneMate. 200/300/400 for each rank. Simple.
      • Paid Hours
        • Paid hours are now separated from Forum Ranks, there is now simply purchases for additional hours.
        • Paid hours do not expire, you pay for your hours and they stay there until you have used them.
    • At the first of each month (for simplicity) your free hours will reset to their maximum (200/300/400 based on Rank)
    • Free hours are used up first, once they have been used up paid hours will start being used.
    • Ranks do not gift any paid hours, but just increase your monthly hours you gain, 200 for regular, 300 for supporter and 400 for sponsor
    • This may need assessment for rank costs & benefits.
    Just an idea I had, would be far simpler than the current system and would massively reduce the newcomers that do not understand the current system.

qverkk likes this.
  2. Derk

Derk 12 year old normie

I like the idea of purchasing hours in bulk without experiment date but people voiced their concern with currency that lasts forever. Although I think the idea is great, significant members of the development team beg to differ.

3. jaavier

yes this system is way better than the current one. but if they change it, it means some profit loss, but better for customers. you buy support rank right, cheapest 300 hours, who uses 300 hours on his 1-2 accounts that he bots for xp not money and wants to make the account last? 300 hours thrown into air, max you use in one month while you try to keep your acc alive 100-170 hours. and now when you dont use all of the hours youve been given, it goes into air. whats the point ?? its bit of like provoking to bot more

4. Geashaw

Don't buy hours you are not going to use. Data should not remain there forever.

5. jaavier

so revamp the whole upgrade system. make it monthly based botting platform. free users have same hours and same specifications like currently, 200 hours free etc blabla. but then revamp the upgrades that goes past free users. monthly unlimited, but whats different is the amount of clients you can run. understand what i say ? like: free users (free, 200 hour, 1 client limit), beginner user (paid monthly, unlimited, 1 client limit), bit pro (paid monthly, unlimited, 3 client limit) but you can change the amount of clients and then set your price as you see it like then you will have more money flowing in if thats what admins care
    --- Double Post Merged, Apr 10, 2017, Original Post Date: Apr 10, 2017 ---
    more money flowing in i mean by that is more gold farmers will come on here. current system is way overpriced. lets say big goldfarmer plans to come here, he has to invesnt atleast 100€ to use it properly + there arent any gold farming scripts bots so he probably has to paid another 20€ or so to a developer to write a script bot for him + VPS + VPN. and he uses ~10-12 accounts 24h suiciding which will die in like 2-3 days so another script bot to auto make accounts. or is that what you dont wanna aim admins ? not make it good platform for gold farming? just simply getting xp on personal accs ?

6. Snufalufugus

I like this idea, but hourly cost would probably have to go up to make up for loss of income due to no more expiring hours.

7. Guru

As to be expected, I am not the finance guy so I can't suggest that stuff. If stuff has to be accounted for then prices go up, but at least its easier to understand.

Snufalufugus likes this.
  8. jaavier

i dont understand what big money are script bot developers chasing here? you want to make writing scripts bots your living so it can pay your bills? people dont have such money to pay. look at current prices my friend. if you have plants to get some skill 99 you are looking atleast 30€ investment on the script bot hours + bot hours which is very absurd.

9. Snufalufugus

• I make no money off of you buying extra hours to use at runemate, which is what this topic is about
    • Most bots are less than 10c an hour. At ~150 hours for most skills, that's still only $15
    • Even if it was $30, that's reasonable for anyone at an age where they can get employment. It would take about 2 hours of working to pay for 150 hours of a premium bot
    • You clearly don't realize how much of a market there is for flawless bots. Nobody expects to make a living from it, but you're really underestimating the potential.

Zyzz likes this.
  10. jaavier

thats what you script bot developers think "30€ is 2 hours of work, so its not a problem to ask such amount". even if you have a job where you make 50€ in 1hour then your priorities are not to spend 30€ on a script bot + botting hours + along with that risk with losing your account, regardless if you bot safely or not.

if alot of customers had same mentality like "Even if it was $30, that's reasonable for anyone at an age where they can get employment. It would take about 2 hours of working to pay for 150 hours of a premium bot" then you could easily life off writing scripts bots to runemate.. but im sure sad truth is not. and thats only your imagination that people think like that. stop living in paralel world. also go do survey on the age of the people here. people who make 1k€+ are the minority here.

11. BigShot

Can someone tell/link me to how the hours work currently? I was using a premium script bot the other day and with only 1.25 hours of the bot running, it had used up 3 hours worth of my credits.

Obviously with costs in the cents per hour, I'm not here to complain, but I am curious how the system works in detail since your first post you mention this rolling reset term which I am unfamiliar with. If someone could fill me in on everything, I'd greatly appreciate it.

12. Boot

The rolling system is based on a 30 day period. So if you use 10 hours on April 1st then you'll only get those back on May 1st. That's my understanding at least.

But I do agree that the usage system does need to be reworked. The hours don't show properly as to when you used them and such. It's very confusing and hard to determine when you'll be getting X amount of hours back. Mine graph says I've used 3 hours but the number is like 100.

13. Geashaw

This is a discussion, could you check the FAQ? (See signature) or open an issue.

14. Jhinn

Do you really think a private bot costs $20?

Gengsta likes this.
  15. jaavier

so how much does a private bot with constant updates cost?

16. Jhinn

$50 - 80/h
    Every additional feature will also be charged by the hour. Bots are expensive, only real gold farmers are willing to invest large amounts of money. If you really think a private bot can go for $20, you're wrong.

17. Snufalufugus

• If you don't feel it's worth paying for, don't pay it
    • That's what free bots are for

18. Evuls

This is also a very learning centric community from what I can tell, so if you don't WANT to pay for something, you could always write your own, jaavier. On topic though because I can go through a decent chunk of hours, support.

19. jaavier

you dont get my point. i want to buy these paid scripts bots but what i plan to do it becomes very expensive. ofc i can buy a few hours but whats the point ? i dont get nowhere with a few hours. i need atleast 300 hours of that script bot and now look at the prices, 30€ + botting hours. very expensive for a script bot. even csgo undetected hacks monthly dont cost so much, also h1z1 or whatever hacks.

20. Snufalufugus

I do get your point. As I said before, if you don't feel it's worth paying for, don't. There are plenty of people who feel differently.