1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Resolved Private scripts

Discussion in 'Client & Site Support' started by NubeBuster, Jun 15, 2017.

1. NubeBuster

I love this client and I have been playing around with custom scripts bots for a while now.
    I found someone who wants me to make a script bot for them to use privately.
    I don't quite understand how private scripts bots work on this client (the developer limit of 3? hours is severely limiting)
    After reading a few threads I am still stuck with confusion.

If I understand it correctly, I need to upload a public script bot for every private script bot I want to use. Using this private script bot also uses the botting hours which can be paid for (1$ per month per account per 100 hours).

Could someone elaborate on this system for me?

Thanks in advance.

2. Best Answer:
    Post #3 by dogetrix, Jun 15, 2017
  3. Led

Led

There are no restrictions on private scripts bots aside from needing to pay for any additional hours past the 200 free hours.

as far as i know*

4. dogetrix

The developer should put the private bot on the bot store. Only you and the developer will be able to see it, unless he/she has also added other people. There is no 3 hour limit if it's from the bot store. You don't have to upload anything.

NubeBuster likes this.
  5. Totp

There is some misinformation here. The developer of your private bot is required to have one public bot per user of a private script bot. The user of the private script bot only needs to pay for the hours / concurrent slots that they use. If developers choose to try and circumvent the system the user of the script bot can only run it for three hours before it is automatically stopped.

NubeBuster likes this.
  6. dogetrix

lol, the anti-circumvention system is pretty useless

7. Totp

Either way you are still paying your 1c per hour to RuneMate. Doing it 'officially' just means you have the protection of code verification by an executive, otherwise you take that developer on trust.

sickness0666 likes this.
  8. Wet Rag

Wet Rag easily triggered ✌

It wont change.

9. Aria

There's some cases where circumventing the bot store is required, like when a bot uses a forbidden API method (i.e. I used System.exit() in DarkScape because closing the client was the fastest way to log off, allowing me to instantly evade pkers) but those are extremely rare. I believe selling private bots outside of the bot store isn't allowed nowadays (and might actually be a permabannable offense, I don't remember since it was nearly two years since the ruling was made).

NubeBuster likes this.
  10. Jhinn

Yet it still happens and nothing is being done about it.