1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Resolved Hours disappeared

Discussion in 'Client & Site Support' started by freshwhite1, Oct 1, 2017.

1. freshwhite1

Hello community!
    I have this issue. So, yesterday there was no problem with my runemate account. Today, when i logged in i found this (pic nr 1) 12.png .
    How in the world i got to -207. Yesterday i checked and it was only -7, with allowed number at 700 hours. Today when i log in somehow 200 hours have disappeared. There actually wouldn't be an issue with this, but today when i made my payment for 600, basically only 400 hours were added. 999.png
    Is this a bug? Or should i just create a new account every month if this happens again? I pay more i get less. Please explain. Thank you.

2. Best Answer:
    Post #2 by Savior, Oct 1, 2017
  3. Savior

Savior Java Warlord

Everything is working as intended. You can read up on the mechanics in the Billing and Payment FAQ.

TLDR: A payment lasts for 30 days. During those 30 days your hours allowance is raised by the corresponding amount of hours. After the 30 days are over the payment expires and the allowance is lowered again.

What that means is a few of your payments expired, to raise the allowance again, you have to make another payment or wait until the hours are freed up again.

4. freshwhite1

Thanks for a fast reply.
    I have read the FAQ post, but i still have some questions. I didn't quite understand why did my balance go to -200. And what did you mean by "hours freed up".
    In eg. last payment that i have done was 5$. Do i need to expect that at some time i will see a drop in allowed hours by -500. And to get back to botting i need to pay extra 5$ to open that position? Or there is a point i am not getting?
    Thank you in advance friend :)

5. Savior

Savior Java Warlord

It went to -200 hours because you have used 707 hours while the payment was still active. After it expired, the allowed limit dropped to 500 hours. 707 hours that you already used minus 500 hours that you are allowed to use = -207 hours remaining.

With "hours beeing freed" I mean the following process:
    As you know the services page and the runemate services consider always the past 30 days, no more, no less. If you bot for 10 hours today, those 10 hours will be part of your balance for 30 days. In 30 days from now, the 10 hours will not be part of your balance anymore, and therefore "freed up".

That means: If you don't bot for a few days, no hours will be added to your balance, while hours from over 30 days ago will vanish, therefore the "remaining hours" will recover to a state where you'll be allowed to bot again.

If you don't want to wait, you have to pay enough money to raise your allowance/limit higher than your used hours are. In your case you'd have to make a $3 payment to raise it to 800, leaving you with 93 available hours.

puppygirl likes this.
  6. freshwhite1

Thanks man.
    Sorry, Im quite new to this system and all, just been around for a month, still dont know all the aspects.
    Was curious about how stuff works.
    I thought there was something wrong, because the numbers went into minuses. Im not trying to get any free hours, just wanted to get what i payed for.
    The thought of paying double: 1 to release the hours, then 2 to get new ones is not really pleasant.

P.S. Those hours that were purchased are being used. Ex 200 hours used going to 0. If 30 days have not passed they stay at -200. Then when 30th day passes from the usage of those hours they start coming back from minuses. If i used like 24 hours on 2 Sept, those 24 will come from minuses at 2 Oct? Right?

#5 freshwhite1, Oct 2, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2017
  7. American Express

American Express RuneMate Staff

Let's say today is October 1st, and you buy 3000 hours. Let's say that you use 100 hours every day. On October 31st (30 days later), you run out of hours, so you can't bot anymore. On the next day (November 1st), you'll regain the hours that you used 30 days ago (October 1st's hours), meaning that you'll have another 100 hours to bot with. The day after that you'll regain the hours you used on October 2nd, giving you another 100 hours, etc.