1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Implemented outdated bots/inactive authors

Discussion in 'Client & Site Suggestions' started by forbobo, Nov 19, 2017.

1. forbobo

Maybe ya already do this but bots made by authors that don't log in anymore to update should probably be taken down (of course this is assuming the bot doesn't actually work). Ran into a few today while looking around/testing bots out and they just don't work at all.

Only reason i mention it is cus you notice a lot of times new people come onto runemate and if they happen to choose a bot that's outdated/broken then they'll be super turned off to the client overall. People like us who are used to runemate know that it's only a problem with certain bots, but lots of people are just plain retarded and will blame the client overall. Can't hurt to just filter 'em out. Lotta work manually going through the bots ofc, so maybe throw in a notification system where bots with multiple low reviews are flagged to admins, and then the admin checks if the author is active on the forum. If he/she isn't active, then the bot gets taken down.

2. Party

Party Client Developer

We can remove these if they're reported to us. If we introduced a system where users could report bots as un-maintained we'd just get flushed with them every time a bot breaks temporarily.

3. forbobo

Aiight i'll report a few i ran into today. Hope more people do that/are aware of it though.

4. American Express

American Express RuneMate Staff