1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Resolved "You have been blocked from RuneMate.com"

Discussion in 'Client & Site Support' started by SlashnHax, Jan 10, 2015.

1. SlashnHax

I managed to get this popup when trying to edit my tutorial thread. After a bit of playing around, it seems it only happens when I exceed a character limit as it allowed me to save changes where I delete text or add 1 or 2 words, but not when I attempted to complete the tutorial and save it.

I also managed to get a popup with a capcha and a message box which when filled out took me to a page with what looked like a POST url and the POST data? Strange

@Arbiter

2. Best Answer:
    Post #8 by SlashnHax, Feb 23, 2015
  3. Arbiter

Arbiter Mod Automation

Were you behind a public or semi-private VPN/proxy? If so, your IP was likely flagged for doing unsavory things.

4. Razr

I have actually been having a similar issue. It would refuse to let me post on a specific thread(Hax Summoning I think it was). I definitely did not exceed any character limit(it was a smallish reply). I was able to post on other threads though during that time. I am not behind a proxy or VPN.

5. SlashnHax

Nah, no proxy or anything. It would let me remove text from the post but not add any so I've split it up into two posts now, however if I was to copy post 2 into post 1 I either get the blocked message or the security check which then leads me to https://www.runemate.com/community/posts/11011/save-inline which is an error page.

6. Arbiter

Arbiter Mod Automation

Hmm... one of the firewall rules is not liking what you're trying to post. Let's give it a day or two and see if the problem persists. Please follow-up in this thread and tag me if it does.

7. Fontkodo

I noticed this error quite a while ago and it appears to be related to a possible exploit in XenForo software. I think it was to do with using an apostrophe combined with certain words or something of that nature, or a combination of certain words.

@Arbiter

8. Arbiter

Arbiter Mod Automation

9. SlashnHax

Nope, I'll let you know if I do in the future though.