1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

window size

Discussion in 'Discussions' started by freshwhite1, Jan 10, 2018.

1. freshwhite1

Hello fellow runematers.
    I have a question (maybe it was already answered before by someone some time ago, couldn't find anything similar) : does running osrs clients in window mode a.k.a. not full size increase ban risk?
    I know, there is always a chance of getting banned, even when you are careful, but does this particular thing increases the odds?
    The thing is, I've been using my bots in full-screen, because in the beginning of my journey a friend told me that I should definitely use client only in full screen or else I get banned pretty much instantly. I believed that blindly, because he has a longer experience of bot usage. But the thing is that I noticed that playing in windows mode vs fullscreen uses significantly less CPU (difference is almost x2).

I would like to settle this question for myself once and for all. Please share your knowledge veterans :)

2. Aidden

Aidden Author of MaxiBots

Lol. Whether you run full screen or not wouldn't make a difference to how likely you are to be banned.

3. freshwhite1

Ok man. I understand that this has no effect on increasing the ban rate. It's just that I was given the wrong idea, like that Jagex will spot that my client is working in windows mode and get all suspicious n shit. I guess it's a myth then.\
    Thank you.

4. Lhufascorp

Myth. I always run osrs clients in window mode and didn't notice increasing the ban rate.

Carteira likes this.