1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OSRS Mac doesnt work. Heres a solution

Discussion in 'Guides' started by bigweiner, Jan 2, 2018.

?

Did you enjoy this guide?

1. yeah

40.0%
  2. nope

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. There could be some improvements. But i appreciate the effort

60.0%
  1. bigweiner

I was getting really frustrated reading through the forums trying to figure out how to get Runemate to work on my Macbook pro. I couldn't figure it out... and that is because i think it is currently not functional whether your using the the .jar version or your using the mac download that is given in the Downloads page. The solution i came up with is using VirtualBox on my Mac to use a version of Windows 7 as an ISO.
    I DO NOT HAVE A PRODUCT KEY and don't. So if you are stressing about how you are going to get through that loop hole... it never really came up and i got it to work regardless.
    These are the steps i had to take to get this to work and its not as difficult as it seems.
    1. Follow a YouTube guide to setup and download VirtualBox correctly. I used this video tutorial and i had no previous knowledge of how to get functionally use VB--> ""
    2. So i'm sure you have questions on what iso to download and if you have the right stuff... literally just download an iso file and make sure that you have finished downloading it completely before you give up. So right now all we need to VirtualBox. Its expansion pack "its on the same page as the virtualbox download and is featured in the video". I even went as far as finding a product key generator but i never found a need for it.
    3. If you followed the instructions in the video you should now have a working Windows 7 VirtualBox.
    4. Download Java, download the Runemate windows version, download the Oldschool Runescape client from the osrs website. The links for these are below. So far we have three files [Java, Runemate, OldschoolRS].
    Links--> Download Free Java Software --> After you are done downloading make sure to verify the version @ Verify Java Version --> You have to open in IExplorer... I know it sucks DealWithIt.
    Old School RuneScape - Download Old School RS --> Make sure you download the right version....
    Download | RuneMate --> Make sure you download the right version....
    5. Enjoy the working client and get some xp. I was super frustrated with this because i knew the potential but couldn't get it to work! I hope this helps and goodluck to you all with your botting. Happy New Year
    ~ Mister Poopy Buttholle

2. EvilCabbage

mac works fine for me tho

3. SchwagSurfer

it is not working on my MacBook Pro or iMac... I have parallels 12 with windows 10, cannot seem to get it to work there either...

4. Party

Party Client Developer

Mac is very hit and miss, it works for some but not others, for a variety of different reasons. We've tried fixing it a million times.

5. EvilCabbage

Whenever I send people my copy of OSRS it always works for them (so far).

its attached

Attached Files:

6. Wet Rag

Wet Rag easily triggered ✌

Re-write time [​IMG]

7. SchwagSurfer

Says this file is damaged and cannot open..

8. CrispyChipotle

Sadly can't get this to run on Mac - Anyone know why? I'm able to download the application but once I try to open Runemate it just... doesn't open?

9. pr0x1mity

Running on windows (on a mac) has anyone noticed if it runs cooler? My i7 macbook pings its face off just running RS+RM. Java no likey.