1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OSRS Is botting dead?

Discussion in 'General' started by theteddyman, May 18, 2018.

1. theteddyman

Yesterday I recovered a 10 year old account. Did a bit of botting for fishing/combat but ended up banned the next day,I had even brought gold to pay for my bond. Is botting in RS dead?I remember powerbot used to have random breaks and all these features 10 years ago,it seems like most of the bots now are barely functional. Anyone have any idea what is going on?

2. JoJo

by a bit of botting do you mean 24hrs a day.

3. theteddyman

just a few hours here and there nothing too serious. Care to share your advice?

4. JoJo

older accounts will live longer, dont over do it on a single bot, try to stay with well respected authors, and play legitimately too, do quests etc.It's not like it used to be. You will get banned more likely than not. Jagex Bot Busting has gotten a lot more sophisticated.

5. theteddyman

The account was like 12 years old. I have no idea what went wrong tbh. I am starting a new account botting again but I am going to quit if I get banned. I didn't even farm/sell anything.

6. CuppaJava

CuppaJava cuppa.drink(java);

>12 year old account gets randomly recovered
    >randomly gets transferred gold from sketchy account
    >instantly gets membership and starts doing probably heavily botted tasks like combat and fishing
    >"Is botting ded"

Bruh. It's not dead if you're careful about it. It is a lot easier to get banned now though. But in my experience RM is lower banrate than other bots.

Grim C likes this.
  7. theteddyman

I started a new account,should I buy gold again for a bond? I dont want to spend money to get banned again,but I did things like fishing/combat/cooking nothing major.

8. joshiii

ive got multiple accounts ive been botting on for a LONG time. ive made 5 accouns all up 2 banned, 3 still going. over a number of years. now I just bot whilst I cant play irl. for things like when I go to the gym/cooking dinner ect. then when I have free time I will play a couple hours legit

9. theteddyman

I am trying to get a main myself but I do not like farming. What do you recommend to avoid bans? Did bans really increase that much since 2009ish?
    --- Double Post Merged, May 19, 2018, Original Post Date: May 18, 2018 ---
    Started a new account yesterday. Botted combat and fishing for around 10 hours and woke up today to a good old ban.If you can only bot 4 hours a day what is the point?If you botted every day 10 hours for a month,your account would still not be very good. It is possible I am doing something wrong,but I just do not see the same level of support on any OSRS bot that RSbot had 10+ years ago.

10. joshiii

firstly don't bot heavy on a new account. everybody knows new accounts are heavlily watched. do some quests and train manually for a bit. bot maybe hour a day to start off

11. theteddyman

Josh.I am not in any way looking to harm the runescape economy. I simply want to bot a main so I can do the "fun" stuff. Is there any suggestions or "secrets" you could possibly give me by PM?

12. Miami 369

maybe you could buy an account and just use the main to have fun

13. theteddyman

Nah,those get recovered.

14. aaronjim

bot f2p slowly after some quests, do mostly combat and talk at spots. Don't bot more than four hours a day in the beginning. After a week or two without getting banned you should be in the clear. Don't rwt on a fresh account.

Out of two accounts I have one with a two day and one with zero bans, definitely botted them more than I should. one has 80+mining and smithing with 100m hunter xp. 1700+ total. Look at this guide for what bots to use.

15. unexist

unexist Does not exist.

u still got on ur 2 day ban ?

16. theteddyman

I appreciate the advice brother. I have 4 banned accounts on the same IP. I did a HW ID change and deleted my cache but wouldn't my new accounts get flagged due to my IP?As far as RWT goes,would buying gold apply to this rule or just selling? I ask because buying bonds with gold is cheaper than buying membership.

17. aaronjim

Yup! Definitely bot on it a little more modestly - like 2-3 hours at a time regular shit and 4-6 hours nmz. I realize my post wasn't very clear, sorry about that. one with 2 day is my main, 1700+ total, barrows gloves, 500m bank. My hunter is what I use to get money and supplies. 40/85/~ 80+ mining and smithing, 90+ fishing, 90+ cooking, and 99 hunter.

I have 30+ accounts banned on the same IP - I wouldn't worry about it. Also, yes rwt counts as buying gold. Just wait a bit after you make it. This way you save your investment by questing a bit and leveling up a bit and you don't have to worry about wasting gold on an account you just got banned.

18. unexist

unexist Does not exist.