1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Resolved Concerned about script safety [Acc Compromised]

Discussion in 'Client & Site Support' started by TheOracle, Jul 1, 2018.

1. TheOracle

I've only used runemate, and not entirely sure how safe the scripts bots are rated.
    But got my inventory sacked after I weirdly d/c'd and couldn't log in.
    So just careful with some of the scripts bots I guess.

2. Best Answer:
    Post #2 by Derk, Jul 1, 2018
  3. Derk

Derk 12 year old normie

All of the bots get reviewed manually and by an automated system. There's also no way to get your account password or something like that through the API. It's impossible that RuneMate or a bot is responsible for a hacked account.

TheOracle likes this.
  4. Negrita

It's also not possible for a bot to download external resources and get malicious content. If it tries, you'll get explicitly prompted for it.

TheOracle likes this.
  5. TheOracle

That seems like what i thought, just was very strange.
    I did a pw change and such anyway.
    Thanks guys.

6. American Express

American Express RuneMate Staff

Posting the same information I do every time this topic comes up:

• Are you sure you haven't used an easy to guess username/password combination?
    • Or that you're using a combination that has been leaked from an external database breach?
    • Or you downloaded a gold generator or similar program?
    • Clicked on any suspicious URLs from Twitch streams etc?

There is NO way RuneMate would hack you for your gold/items. We would not risk our entire reputation over the small amount of gold/items any user would have.

Bot Authors only have access to your forum username and ID, and that is all. They have no way of ascertaining your email, username, password, anything.

Furthermore, from the moment you enter your username/password combination in to the client, the information is immediately encrypted and impossible for anyone to read and use.

There have been many accusations of this over the years and almost every single time without fail the user has later determined the fault occurred elsewhere.

To summarise and make it extremely clear, RuneMate did not hack you and steal your items.

leewind likes this.
  7. relly rell

I was hacked this morning as well ONLY used rune mate. No untradeables were dropped such as my void and fire cap but everything else was gone. Food potions included. All good though I uninstalled rune mate ill see if I can get my credits refunded if not its whatever. I used rune mate for over 3 years this never happened on my rs3 acc but on my first osrs acc I made last week it has already been compromised.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jul 10, 2020, Original Post Date: Jul 10, 2020 ---
    Dont need your spell either, I did not go one any twitch links, gold generator( w.e tf that is u too the guy ) Im 100% positive only used rune mate.

8. CuppaJava

CuppaJava cuppa.drink(java);

Are you a member of any other runescape/game related forums using the same password?
    Have you ever signed up for a private server?
    Have you logged into the "runescape website" on your browser at all in the last few months (most notably by a link from an email or by googling runescape and clicking one of the first results, including an ad)?
    Have you ever clicked an ad for runescape anywhere, including facebook, youtube or twitter?

There's honestly hundreds of ways people try to get accounts.

9. Savior

Savior Java Warlord

Strange, isnt it

American Express and CuppaJava like this.