1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Your pricing system is awful

Discussion in 'Discussions' started by Old Empire, Jun 16, 2018.

1. Hellwyr

Just stumbled upon this thread form last year, I couldnt agree more with OP, ive been using AuxiAraxxor and Prime zulrah, these little mistakes or bugs are starting to add up real quick, i would say ive lost about 30$ USD, messaged the Authors and get a reply once in a while, i know they are busy so im fine with that but in the meanwhile its really annoying . Please provide a alternative method for paying to use the bots. Thank you.

2. MonsterMadness

3. Colt45W

How awesome would it be to introduce a system where you can pay a full $ amount for unlimited monthly usage on a bot in addition to the hourly usage charge option that's currently used. Give the bot authors and the customers the choice to charge/pay in an either/or way like that.

4. WatchDogaMan

5. American Express

American Express RuneMate Staff

You are then at the mercy of the bot author for that full month, assuming they will provide timely updates and bug fixes.

What happens if on day one of the month, you pay $50 for unlimited usage of bot X and on day two, RuneScape is updated, the bot becomes unusable and the author is inactive and doesn't update it?

6. Colt45W

Good point. I for one am willing to gamble on that problem, I know which authors on here are active and timely on fixes. That doesn't mean everyone is aware of as much though.
    Perhaps only allow premium scripts bots to have a 'Pay for unlimited usage' option, while they must maintain a pay per hour option as well. Give suitable warning to customers that are paying for unlimited that they are agreeing to the possibility of script bot down time due to game updates. Some simple stipulations on the purchase of unlimited would take care of that problem in my opinion. This would also give authors more motivation to create premium grade scripts bots which would benefit Runemate as a whole.
    Unfortunately there will always be those people that complain though, so I guess if staff is happy with things how they are then I certainly wont push the subject. The maybe $1 I lose a week to bugs and broken bots really isn't going to stop me from using Runemate any time soon

7. American Express

Yeah the payment process isn't going to be changing.

But if you're having problems losing money to broken bots, simply report the issue in the corresponding forum thread and if you provide log files or timestamps showing your lost credit, the author will refund you.

Colt45W likes this.
  8. Corby

The 200 free hours a month each user is granted for free "should" make up for the handful of user erros encountered and other issues etc.

Im not a fan of the system either, but its mostly due to certain inconveniences that are already offset for by the free 200 hours a month.

9. cmb

cmb

Complaining about a nickel maybe a dime max an hour.
    Your poor. Get a job.
    --- Double Post Merged, Aug 22, 2019, Original Post Date: Aug 22, 2019 ---
    Always read reviews before using a bot.

s_as, Fabreze and Qosmiof2 like this.
  10. s_as

The only issues I have with the pricing system is that you'll pay for the hour even if you stop the bot after a few minutes, and that when the bot is paused the timer keeps running and you will continue being charged for the bot. This might be caused by the fact I'm new to the client and I didn't do research into how it works, though.. now it is fairly easy to work around. I don't mind paying a few extra cents to the ones creating quality bots for us anyways. :p

11. American Express

The reason you are still charged, even if you pause your instance, is because your connection to the server is still active and therefore incurring costs/using resources at RuneMate's end.

As has been posted, if you start a bot (and are charged) and it fails to work or there is a bug, you can report this to the bot author in the forum thread, along with providing supporting evidence (eg: log files, screenshots) and they will refund you.

12. s_as

Oh okay, that clears it up for me, thank you! In any case, I'm happy to pay the fees as this only amounts to a matter of a few extra cents over a few weeks time.

American Express likes this.
  13. skrillakilla

runemate, is the only bot i will ever use. because of the way they have you pay. unlike lets say osbot where to get a premium bot you gotta pay anywhere from $5.00-10.00 for one bot where as runemate you can stretch $1.00 to multiple different premium bots. you really get ur moneys worth with them. if you wanna throw down 10.00 for just about every damn premium script bot go for it. but you get premium bots here for way less. just saying paying 8 cents vs 10.00 is a hell of a deal to me. really makes ur money stretch. iv went and looked at other competitors and the prices are downright outlandish. iv never been banned with runemate accept two times and both of the times were my own fault first ban was from using a script bot that only had 200 users and was the only one of its kind on rm i should of known better. it was free and got me a two day. the second time i got banned was with a crafting bot but it went for like 5 hours straight making air battle staffs i put in the (stop after) time but it didnt stop, got slapped with another 2 day on a different account. runemate is the shit, as long as you dont bot like an idiot. do some research on how to bot and read the bot reviews before you use it.

#53 skrillakilla, Sep 26, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2019