1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Resolved If a bot runs for less than 5 minutes, you should not be charged for it

Discussion in 'Client & Site Support' started by RickMS, Aug 29, 2019.

1. RickMS

Please fix this issue guys

Sometimes the bot just auto-crashes due to random bugs and you'd need to restart your PC or Runemate to fix issues. However you're still charged for 1 hour. If it charged me the 1 hour and then the next time I ran the script bot it continued from the initial 1 hour it charged me, that'd be fine, but it doesn't do that.

If it happens once or twice a month it wouldn't be an issue but it tends to happen commonly enough that the lost money adds up :/

devinhodges and ziphon like this.
  2. Best Answer:
    Post #13 by Dark sage, Sep 13, 2019
  3. Savior

Savior Java Warlord

Nice suggestion, cant believe nobody has come up with this idea yet lol

4. RickMS

I'm aware that other users have complained about this as well. All the more reason to consider it, no? I've looked around the forum and every user that raises these issues gets mercilessly mocked by bot authors and staff members...

I like Runemate a lot by the way, just find this unfair and wanted to voice the issue.

5. Dale71

great idea

6. ziphon

It would be fun to look at some stats and see the percentage of payout due to a legit hour (say, 30 minutes plus at least), versus failed startups and other early stops.

7. dylan.23

I don't want this to sound dumb but what if someone was force crashing their bot say every 4 minutes and just restarting and now running these for free. SO some sort of balance needs to be figured out

8. Dark sage

Dark sage Misfits

If the bot crashes submit the bug report and log files on the associated bot thread, request respectfully for a refund due to crash and 99% of time the author will refund the credits lost by the user. The at the start is so users dont try to abuse the system. It is a long standing system and the admin have no intetnion of changing a system that works. Requesting a refund on the bot discussion thread with appropriate log files and reports almost always yield a refund.

dylan.23 likes this.
  9. RickMS

That's a fair point. To that, I'd say that it defeats the purpose of botting itself and nobody would do such a thing. But hey, even like a 2 minute timer would be great.

It works, of course, but it doesn't work great for the end user experience. I'd also argue that the current setup benefits Runemate at the expense of the users who have to deal with these problems.

FYI I'm not expecting it to change but I at least wanted to talk about it

10. Dark sage

Dark sage Misfits

As long as the issues are reported on the bot thread end user actually ends up better then the developers, the author actually loses money on a refund

11. devinhodges

12. Ketske

This would be nice for bots that crash. If someone would let the bot crash every 4 minutes, to get infinite botting time, then they just could do the same thing with the trials.

13. jcstud0612

The mockery sounds like a diversion so they continue to make more money, that's the most unprofessional and sad BS I've ever witnessed in my life. I own a business and I'm seriously professional as hell and would never rip people off like that, and if I were, I would stop and fix it, not mock people because they can't handle making less money. Think about it, they must make so much more money not charging people until after the hour is up.. This is by definition a scam. I've emailed them 2-3 times and never heard back about a couple issues. Oh wait, they're breaking the rules in Runescape, no need to respect these customers, no need to maintain professional customer service. Nice. For many botters it actually gives them a life so they can enjoy the game and have a life at the same time, but second of all runemate is fully in support of such a thing so no excuses to be disrespectful and be opposed to customer service. Oh well, hopefully they get it together, I would sure want to contribute more to life than mocking my customers for getting scammed. lol

14. Dark sage

Dark sage Misfits

As long as the crash is reported appropriately on the correct bot thread, the author 99% of time refunds the cost to the customer(end user).

The author/developer ends up losing each time but do it as a form of customer service.

15. American Express

American Express RuneMate Staff

This^

It is also clearly outlined in the FAQ: Tutorial - Wallet and Premium Bots FAQ

Why am I charged every time I start an instance?:
    Upon starting the bot you will be charged for the first hour of use. If you only run the bot for 30 minutes, you will still have been charged for the full hour. If you stop the bot manually and restart it, you will be charged again. If the bot breaks, doesn't work or you are overcharged and you feel as though you deserve a refund, post in the relevant forum thread for the bot you are using, providing supporting evidence (eg: how the bug occurred and log files) and it is at the author's discretion whether they refund you.

jcstud0612 likes this.