1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question [Avast] Idp.ares.Generic

Discussion in 'Client & Site Support' started by Hejhej, Dec 5, 2019.

1. Hejhej

Hey!

This might be just a weird coinsidence, but today when I logged onto my account I bot on, it was standing in a bank i did not log out at, all naked. Buut, all items was placed in the bank. (I was standing in Castle wars, but I do not even have a duel ring in my bank on the account).

I started the runemate client, and my antivirus program (avast) started flipping out because of some file that was infected with "IDP.ares.Generic".

I have no idea if this has something to do with eachother, but its weird :p

Im just wondering if its a false positive, or if anyone else noticed anything suspicious?

Thanks

2. American Express

American Express RuneMate Staff

3. Hejhej

The last bot I used was "Fabreze fighter". Been using it for over 2 months straight almost. No problems at all.

This problem occured when i was about to update the client from todays runescape update (I think)

Im using avast antivirus. I'll see if i can get the file that avast saying is a threat.
    --- Double Post Merged, Dec 5, 2019, Original Post Date: Dec 5, 2019 ---
    upload_2019-12-5_22-33-42.png

OFFTOPIC: Cool, we joined the forums the same day! =) Haha.

#3 Hejhej, Dec 5, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2019
  4. American Express

American Express RuneMate Staff

Had you configured the bot to bank at all (for supplies etc.)? It's most likely that due to an update or the web breaking, the bot tried to teleport somewhere, got stuck and logged you out.

There's zero chance it was anything malicious.

Happy joining date