1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OSRS Is RS better at detecting bots?

Discussion in 'OSRS' started by Elvis Depresley, May 23, 2020.

1. Elvis Depresley

Hey guys,

Since Covid-19 broke out I was bored, so I decided to download Runescape again.
    May 20th I made my OSRS account, made it member and trained some skills.
    During the day I just played, doing tasks etc. At night I botted Woodcutting.
    I've botted one night willows in Edgeville and last night yews at the WC Guild, today I'm banned..

When I was younger I botted almost everyday sometimes more that 24h (3 skills to 99) and I never got banned. Now is my question, is Runescape nowadays better at detecting bots like RuneMate? And what can I do to prevent them from detecting it?

2. Chieftain

Chieftain The only AI bot developer

Those were the glory days,you have to be much more careful now,you can still get 99's though. Yeah overnight botting,in general is not a good idea,most especially woodcutting,and yew's at that. Try botting max 8-12 hours a day,

Elvis Depresley likes this.
  3. Majd96

yea got ban 3 accounts easily

4. Elvis Depresley

I also suspect Jagex detects bots run on an Apple device easier than on Windows. Since I use my Macbook Pro to bot on, I got banned almost instantly. My irl friend botted the same times (I think even more than me) on a windows device and did not get banned.

5. CuppaJava

CuppaJava cuppa.drink(java);

I think a big part of it is also how new the account is. I don't bot much anymore, but any time I'm testing a bot or anything, I bot on my (~7 year old) main super haphazardly and I haven't been banned on it. Whereas last year I was botting very "carefully" on new accounts and getting banned right away.

SupremeFrog likes this.
  6. SupremeFrog

SupremeFrog Vendor of RM Credits

They dont seem to focus on tenured accounts as much as new ones. I wouldn't bot on HCIM or IM as they have a high ban rate.