1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dark Quester (Novice) [Deleted] [Deleted]

Discussion in 'Bot Support & Feedback' started by Dark sage, Apr 4, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dark sage

Dark sage Misfits

Dark sage submitted a new resource:

Dark Quester Beta - Let's work towards the desired Quest Point Cape

Read more about this resource...

#1 Dark sage, Apr 4, 2021
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 20, 2021
  2. CuppaJava

CuppaJava cuppa.drink(java);

awesome123man likes this.
  3. Memer

Nice, definitely a script bot that was missing here :)

Do you have a quest list?

4. Dark sage

Dark sage Misfits

~ F2P ~
    - Cooks Assistant
    - Imp Catcher
    - Restless Ghost
    - Rune Mysteries
    - Witch's Potion
    - X Marks the Spot

~ P2P ~
    - Client of Kourend
    - Druid Ritual
    - Dwarf Cannon
    - Hazeel Cult
    - Monk's Friend
    - Tree Gnome Village
    - Waterfall Quest

CuppaJava likes this.
  5. myrunebot

hello report problems. itestest restles ghost. bot not open doors. and its not start quest. "starting quest/yes/no"

6. Dark sage

Dark sage Misfits

V 0.0.3 in queue
    - should resolve all pathing related issues within all quests (please report any new found bugs)
    - Pathing time significantly improved @awesome123man
    - Fixed a couple logical flow issues

- preparing next batch of quests TBA (Discord has full list in active development

7. awesome123man

awesome123man Go check out new bots and give helpful feedback.

:)
    I hope the pathing is improved. So hyped for using this

CuppaJava likes this.
  8. Dark sage

Dark sage Misfits

Dark sage updated Dark Quester Beta with a new update entry:

Dark Quester Beta v0.0.3 Released!

Read the rest of this update entry...
    --- Double Post Merged, Apr 9, 2021, Original Post Date: Apr 9, 2021 ---
    Dark Quester Beta v0.0.3 :
    - Should resolve all known pathing issues (please report any found)
    - improved pathing time
    - fixed a few logical bugs in multiple quests

Working on next batch of quests to be added now... will update when list is decided

awesome123man and CuppaJava like this.
  9. ArrancaRabo

ArrancaRabo Dimensional Emperor

During Rune Mysteries, after speaking to Sedridor and going to the Varrock Magic Shop bot just stands there, doesnt click away nor the on the stairs. I've tried pausing and unpausing after clicking on the stairs manually but bot stays frozen. After I've paused and tped using my chronicle and unpaused, it continued. It froze again after speaking to Aubury, requiring me to redo the same, pause, tp using chronicle then unpause, and it continued and completed the quest.

Tried another 2 quests and perfect function.

EDIT: It doesn't transition in general to places that are farther away, maybe add the option to teleport to a place like the barbarian assault for quests like waterfall? Or fishing trawler for ardougne related, as those are tps that have really low requirements

EDIT2: During waterfall quest, in the beginning it does walk until the area south of baxtorian falls to speak to Hadley but when it reaches his house it stands there on the outside. Only after clicking on Hadley himself that bot continued but after conversation it froze on going upstairs, after manually clicking stairs it searched bookcase, read the book but froze again not pathing to tree gnome village.

#9 ArrancaRabo, Apr 13, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2021
  10. Dark sage

Dark sage Misfits

Teleport support is partially added at this time, lets say you have a games necklace or glory equipped the bot will use it automatically

There allot of smallish features that take allot of time to add in efficiently like teleport items, but this is a planned feature
    --- Double Post Merged, Apr 13, 2021, Original Post Date: Apr 13, 2021 ---
    also should note the pathing will use spirit trees, and fairy rings if unlocked and the proper item is equipped or in inventory

11. awesome123man

awesome123man Go check out new bots and give helpful feedback.

Assuming the pathing works hehe. Which is being looked into why it isn't. (It does for Sage so that's why it's difficult)

12. Dark sage

Dark sage Misfits

CuppaJava and awesome123man like this.
  13. Dark sage

Dark sage Misfits

14. ArrancaRabo

ArrancaRabo Dimensional Emperor

During Murder Mystery everything goes well but bot after using pot of flour on items, continues to try to coat the items, so I have to manually use the item on the flypaper to get the prints. By mistake I used the killers print on one of the prints that were taken from objects (trying to make bot go to next step) and bot went on a loop when trying to do the same as the response from server this time is "nothing interesting happens" instead of saying that it matches the killers prints, so I had to manually do all the next steps and talk to guard and finish quest manually (after each step I tried getting it to work again but still in the same point).

Merlin's Crystal was next and bot went to bank, withdrew what was needed and finished the program by saying "all quests on queue were complete" (lol) to which I noticed it was due to lack of 2 items (bat bones and bucket of wax). Would be nice if bot explained that was the reason for failure. Bot wouldn't walk from seers village to camelot castle, it only started actually working once I've spoken with King Arthur AND clicked once on the chat dialog, then it took over when selecting option of conversation. The conversation with the first Sir downstairs gets stuck on a loop but when I selected the third option and went thru convo it started working again. "walking to crate area" was the next loop, that was solved once I manually walked to the front gate of castle. It got the char into the crate for transport but it didn't continue through the in-crate dialog, so that was done manually too. After getting out of crate, system goal says "walking to top floor" but it stays in ground lvl and, if I manually click to go to next floor it says the same of "walking to top floor" but goes back down (even if I got to top floor it goes back down to first floor). Same crate issue applies on the way back, dialog isn't clicked on. After speaking to the Lady of The Lake bot goes into loop trying to talk to her again instead of going to Port Sarim, I did the Port Sarim portion manually and was still stuck on the loop even though I had Excalibur in my inventory. It stopped with the loop once I lighted the black candle as it thought i didn't have a black candle anymore (now its lit black candle) so it went back to lady of the lake once I've extinguished the candle but went back to the lady of the lake loop. Only got unstuck after I manually got the excalibur, went to Varrock, got the inscription from the chaos altar, went to camelot and said the wording to the spirit after lighting the candle and dropping the bones. It started walking to Giant Crystal room but stopped in the middle of the castle. After manually entering castle bot came to work again, and it successfully completed the quest.

15. Dark sage

Dark sage Misfits

I found this issue is based of a logical bug that im working on resolving, where it falls into an infinite loop trying to obtain the prints.

Thank you for the detailed report, this quest has not been tested or debugged yet. I'll add a client alert for item failures so that it is easier to read and understand what's going on.

as for the pathing related issues, the most recent update should resolve those
    --- Double Post Merged, Apr 17, 2021, Original Post Date: Apr 15, 2021 ---
    V 0.0.5.1 (Patch fix)
    - resolved infinite loop when fingerprinting in Murder Mystery
    - Temporarily removing Black Knights' Fortress, Merlin's Crystal, and Holy Grail pending further debugging
    - Added color coding to the Quests list, they will change color based on completion status (or should)

ArrancaRabo likes this.
  16. DanielTS10

The bot seems to get stuck when approaching Veos in Port Sarim to start Client of Kourend quest - when Veos is pressed manually to start talking the script bot crashes- see log

Attached Files:

17. Dark sage

Dark sage Misfits

The issue at hand appears to be that if you have never been to Kourend before, the Dialog for Veos to travel there is different, WIll work on resolving the issue. For now just travel to Kourend manually once, then bot wont have issue

ArrancaRabo likes this.
  18. DanielTS10

I guessed that after I posted as it worked fine after that :) Another thing I've noticed is it gets stuck in the Dwarf Cannon area after completing the quest it doesn't click the gate to leave the area to walk to the next quest
    Code (Text):
    1. 00:00:29 INFO    Walking to Tree Gnome Village Start Area
    2. 00:00:29 DEBUG    Building AwesomeWebPath To: Area(2539, 3167, 0 -> 2543, 3171, 0)
    3. 00:00:29 DEBUG    Couldn't use Cached Path...
    4. 00:00:41 DEBUG    FAILED TO BUILD REQUIREMENT: AreaRequirement{area=Area(2741, 3235, 0 -> 2742, 3236, 0)}
    5. 00:00:41 DEBUG    FAILED TO BUILD REQUIREMENT: AreaRequirement{area=Area(2741, 3235, 0 -> 2742, 3236, 0)}

19. Dark sage

Dark sage Misfits

can u post the full log file, or DM it? just so i can confirm the issue

20. Dark sage

Dark sage Misfits

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.