1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Macros Won't Work on Runelite?

Discussion in 'Discussions' started by orick666, Apr 16, 2021.

?

Do macros work on RuneMate Spectre?

1. Yes

100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. orick666

Just asking around if anyone knows because I had the brilliant idea of setting up my old school bot with a Macro to record the mouse and keyboard input and its not working on the Runemate Spectre client but it works otherwise. I used a macro to set up the settings like the loot table for a bot that doesn't support saved settings.

2. CuppaJava

CuppaJava cuppa.drink(java);

I can't see any reason why this wouldn't work if it's just a mouse recorder clicking locations on the screen. What isn't working about it, the clicks aren't doing anything? If you use the macro over something else (eg the runescape window) does it seem to be clicking correctly?

3. orick666

I don't know whats going on, it works for runescape client, i got it to work by spam clicking the runemate spectre client as soon as it started up and after a few unregistered clicks, it saved me the drudgery of writing all the loots.

4. American Express

American Express RuneMate Staff

I'm not sure I understand what you mean...

RuneMate uses the official Old School RuneScape client, so any third party macro/mouse recorder should work fine. Having RuneMate installed on your computer will not prevent a third party macro/mouse recorder from working.

You can then choose whether you run the macro with the official Jagex released OSRS client, or use a third party client like RuneLite.

EDIT:

Do you mean you are trying to run a bot using RuneMate, and while this bot is running, use a macro/mouse recorder to record that bot's input on the OSRS client, so you can then replay that recording without needing to run RuneMate?

If so that I strongly recommend you reconsider...a mouse recording will be very repetitive and have identical movements/click patterns. You'll be banned very quickly.

5. dahnae

From what I understand, they are trying to use macros/mouse recorder to interact with the bot's embedded UI, inside Spectre's client.

CuppaJava likes this.
  6. American Express

American Express RuneMate Staff

Ah I see. I am retarded.