1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OSRS Reported for botting... what to do?

Discussion in 'OSRS' started by anrath1, Jan 27, 2023.

?

Did you receive a ban after you got reported for botting?

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. anrath1

So I definitely just got reported by 2 people at hosidius stalls. 40-50 thieving until I noticed the chat. Logged out right after. Am i 100% doomed? I think I'm gunna lay off botting for a couple days on that account. Anyone been in a similar situation? How long did you lay off for and did you get a ban? For reference I've botted several 90+ or 99s on this account including Rcing. Botting like 10-15+ hours a day no breaks for past 2-3 months and no bans as of yet. But I think its because I hadn't been reported before. Would really like your thoughts, thanks!

Update: No ban yet!

Update (2 weeks after first update):
    Switched to botting NMZ, got 99 str/atk, was going for 99 def
    Perm banned banned today without any temp bans

#1 anrath1, Jan 27, 2023
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2023
  2. itzjbc

Should be okay.. can we see stats

3. anrath1

Sorry I would rather not post stats due to safety precautions. But the account is mostly 100% botted, 4 99s now 1750+ TTL. Started account about 3-4 months ago (used an old account I had) and just wanted to see how far I could get strictly just botting on the account. Botted about 10-16 hours on most days... sometimes after doing like 15-20hrs a day for a week I would give the account like a 1-2 day break just for good measure. No bans at all as of yet which I attribute 100% to luck lol

4. Bing Bong

Bing Bong Bot Author

I've had 2 reports on my main and A TON on my alt which is 100% botted and 0 bans on either so far... I play 95% legit on the main though so I mix it up but the other I only bot for x amount of hours which usually is around 5 hours max a day and I always switch between 1-3 diff skills.

5. pietystruck

Highly doubt it. I have been reported many times on runelite while suiciding and not banned.

6. Bing Bong

Bing Bong Bot Author

What did they say to you in the chat to make you think that they reported you first of all?

Have you checked your account on the bot detector on the RL plugin? What do your reports come back as?

7. anrath1

They just said something along the lines of "bot" and "did i mess up your bot"