1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2.40.2 - Improving the Login and Account Management Experience

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Cloud, Jun 14, 2017.

1. Cloud

Cloud Engineer

My change logs aren't quite as elegant as @Party's, but hopefully this will satisfy the few curious individuals out there who have been pestering us for one :p

Major
    • @Party made it so that the client's dimensions persistent between each run of the client so users no longer have to resize their client to fit the user interfaces of there favorite bots between each run.
    • @Arbiter, @Party, and myself (@Cloud) pulled all nighters improving the user experience when logging into the client and managing your accounts.
      • Accounts now support having aliases (in fact they're mandatory) to make it easier to find, sort through, and select the correct account from the account list while also improving the privacy of your accounts by making it so that anyone who would be viewing your screen through screen viewing software such as teamviewer can no longer see the actual login name/email for your account and instead only see the account alias. The account alias is displayed in place of the account login name/email throughout the entire client.
      • Expanding on that, since account aliases can't expose anything related to your login credentials by themselves, developers can now query a list of all of the account aliases tied to your RuneMate account via Environment#getAccountAliases() and switch the active account for your by doing Environment#setAccount(String alias). This will make it possible for developers to allow creating even more powerful activity queuing systems that can even switch your active account for you after a given condition is fulfilled, making it so that you don't manually have to alternate accounts nearly as much as before. However it's up to developers to implement this functionality themselves and to make your account get logged out to initiate the login handler which will log into the newly set account for you.
      • Going back to the improved login experience, the user interface for logging in has been simplified in regards to 2-factor authentication. The box asking for your 2-FA will no longer be displayed unless we need to re-authenticate your computer and when we do need to, instead of asking whether or not you want to have the computer be remembered for 30 days, you're now asked whether it's a private or public computer which should clarify why you would or wouldn't want to have the pc continue to be associated with your account.
    • The navigation graph has been improved in almost every way, ranging from the objects and items supported to the speed at which the server will return a path to the rate at which it will determine what the next best step in the path is. This includes better management of doors, improved ways of knowing which quests are complete, more comprehensive knowledge of which items can act as substitutions for various runes (for teleports), knowledge of where almost all musicians and banks are at (including npc bankers) and of course the ability to simply request a path to the nearest bank, deposit box, musician, or grand exchange clerk by using a value within the Landscape enum as your destination instead of a given coordinate. That final tid bit should make it significantly easier for developers to make bots that can bank from anywhere and the rest of the improvements should make it so that there are far fewer situations that developers have to write custom solutions to return to your skilling location!
    Minor
    • ActionBar.Slot now implements Interactable so you can interact (such as right click) a given slot, hover a slot, etc in addition to simply using it's hotkey to have it activate the default action.
    • While I'm thinking of hotkeys, we added support for activating action bar hotkeys that require ctrl, alt, or shift to be pressed in addition to the primary key that is assigned to each slot.
    • The performance for almost everything action bar related has also been improved by using more efficient queries.
    • InterfaceComponentQueryBuilder#fonts(int... fontIds) was added.
    • GameObjectDefinition parsing has been improved to handle some odd edge cases which could result in certain transformations or the objects current local state not being able to be detected properly.
    • The size of player sense profiles has now been reduced by writing less data to each player sense profile when possible, which was necessary due to the growing amount of developers implementing their own custom player sense keys.
    • ActionBarQueryBuilder's now support two new methods, empty(boolean) and filled(boolean) which can be used for getting slots that are empty, all slots, or the slots which contain abilities/items (which is still the default behavior)
    • The web walking system now knows whether you're on a f2p world or a p2p world regardless of whether the world hop or world selection dialogs have been opened on OSRS where as previously it had to assume you were on a f2p world and thus would sometimes provide p2p players with subpar paths.
    • The severe slowdowns when navigating in osrs that were happening for a couple updates after adding support for automatically handling the drinking of stamina potions have been resolved.
    • Support for the menaphos lodestone has been added to the api and navigation graph.
    • Added Traversal.isResting()
    • WebPath's that require your player to have certain temporary items like jewelry are no longer cached locally, preventing the issue where when path finding from roughly the same location twice, where the second time you don't have the same items, it would try to use an unusable path.
    • Improvements have been made to the javadocs for our api which have also been refreshed to include the latest api additions.
    • An attempt at obtaining more reliable screenshots on OSRS has been made after the last round of changes which resulted in the ability to always get a screenshot at the cost of it occasionally containing black regions.

@Party please add in any thing that you find that I missed, I'm sure there was plenty that I overlooked and you have a much better eye for noticing changes than myself.

dtky, SuperBotter, Jhinn and 4 others like this.
  2. Snufalufugus

when your suggestions actually get implemented :heart_eyes:

thats an interesting one

maybe that'll help with abyss

these are some pretty awesome changes, very thorough descriptions Cloud. ty

im excited by aliases now that i know how they can actually be used besides organization

i'll have to support that ASAP in my abyss bot now... will be a little tricky with changing settings dependent on account but i think it'll be very worth it

Cloud likes this.
  3. Derk

Derk 12 year old normie

Looking very good, very interested in the alias system, especially for a woodcutting bot that tends to get used for farming with multiple accounts.

If I understand correctly, I can let the users submit a list of accounts they want to run, set a time for each account, and then query on aliases with that name list and change them when necessary? Seems epic, or am I misunderstanding?

4. Guru

Nice web changes :)

Snufalufugus likes this.
  5. Jhinn

6. Cloud

Cloud Engineer

Slight misunderstanding, they can't submit a list but they can choose from a list of aliases on their accounts which you can retrieve via Environment.getAccountAliases(). After that you can switch by providing the account alias to Environment.setAccount(String alias) and then logging the active account out at any point.

7. Derk

Derk 12 year old normie

I meant they can submit a list in the form of them filling in some text-area with the aliases they want to use haha.

8. Savior

Savior Java Warlord

As a user I would probably rip my hairs out over that.
    Tip: Use some kind of listview, or combobox or similar, populated with Environment.getAccountAliases(), where users can select what accounts they want to use ;)

9. Derk

Derk 12 year old normie

Yeah I get your point, the text-area was just to demonstrate I meant to create a list with aliases through some sort of UI input. :)