1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2 day ban, do they actually see it?

Discussion in 'Discussions' started by Absolomxo, Oct 9, 2022.

1. Absolomxo

So my alt got banned, no problem. But are they actually able to detect runemate? Because in that case there is no evading bans anymore since it will always see your 3rd party software. Could this be true or are they just saying this to justify the ban? (Which is justified of course because I was botting lol)

Account temporarily banned for macroing in OldSchool. Our macro detection system has been monitoring your account closely and has detected that you are using illegal 3rd party software which violates the rules of the game and breaches your terms of service with Jagex. Our team have reviewed the evidence and can confirm that you were using illegal botting software. Jagex are able to accurately detect all illegal 3rd party software and any promises from their makers about being 'totally undetectable' or 'no ban guaranteed' are inaccurate. As such your account has been temporarily removed from the game. Please take this time to familiarise yourself with the rules.

2. Bing Bong

Bing Bong Bot Author

Would like an update on this from the developers if possible, do we have any news on this?

@CuppaJava do you have any input on this?

3. CuppaJava

CuppaJava cuppa.drink(java);

I don't have super concrete info on this type of thing tbh, so take my input with a grain of salt, but I'll weigh in with my understanding. Again, this is all just my understanding.

In the purest sense, no, they can't "detect" Runemate. Runemate runs using the base Vanilla (or allowed Runelite) client and doesn't really modify them by my understanding. Runemate is just another program you have open on your computer. There's games that do have very strict anti-cheat (eg I don't know a lot about Valorant but I heard their anticheat requires kernal access?), and that caused a huge stink in the Valorant community. OSRS' client has been analyzed so thoroughly (by botters and people working on 3rd party clients like Runelite) that if Jagex was snooping on your other running software, that'd be common knowledge.

What's more, even just on a logical level, if Jagex could *really* detect Runemate or a bot you're running, flawlessly, you'd never hear about botters reaching high levels or achieving great accounts, but that happens. This is speculation, but Jagex probably uses some combination of manual checking & machine learning/general algorithms to try and find patterns in botted accounts (their stats, activities, actions on a micro level, etc). So on that level they can suss out over time if an account is likely being botted or not, within a certain threshold of accuracy. But they can't tell by "detecting" Runemate.

This is just dramatic talk by Jagex. Jagex's botting detection is decent but isn't really accurate (they false ban people, and also miss banning a lot of bots). Also again, they're likely detecting patterns, not the software itself. To be fair, no one clams 'no ban guaranteed' at Runemate, because bans are possible of course (from monitoring activity).

One more thing to note: When Jagex cracked down on disallowed 3rd Party Clients like OpenOSRS etc, they banned everyone using those clients after the day passed. So at that time Jagex could clearly detect current 3rd party clients. But Runemate isn't a 3rd party client (it's other software on your PC) and that has never happened to Runemate. There's never been blanket bans that effected most/everyone on Runemate.

Again, all just my understanding and thoughts. Wow that was a longer reply than I intended.

qbosrs and itzjbc like this.
  4. frankLOL

i got a two day ban lol should i argue it or just stop lol

5. Bing Bong

Bing Bong Bot Author

Never appeal a temp ban

frankLOL likes this.
  6. frankLOL

so should i stop botting on that account?

7. Revo

yes

frankLOL likes this.
  8. frankLOL

what can i do to avoid bans on my alt when botting?

9. qbosrs

qbosrs BAServices

I have 7 offences on my 2k+ ttl main which includes; botting, rwt, and offensive language. Should I just continue botting?

10. jacobmobshit

I had 2 rwt on my main I still bot to this day. Happened 2 years ago tho lmao but as of last year I botted 5 99s on it and 3 this year total of 11 99s on this account.

11. qbosrs

qbosrs BAServices

Yeah like thats also my point. The better you are in the game. And the more hours you have played. Chances are small you will get permed (In my expierence). And its pretty obvious aswell I think. I buy bonds etc, I have a high level main (not a obvious bot account). I also play legit on it. No reason for jagex to ban me. I am blending in, and make them money.

jacobmobshit likes this.
  12. leftydead

My bot was also caught, I waited out the 2-day temp ban period, but I am still stuck in w400 after the ban is over. Cant log out, can't hop worlds. Is anyone else facing the same issue?

13. qbosrs

qbosrs BAServices

That's weird..

14. goatboss1

well u might be in the next bot busting video buddy thats unlucky if true