1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Resolved 2 step verification

Discussion in 'Client & Site Support' started by d3dly help, Feb 24, 2017.

1. d3dly help

Hello, I couldn't really find a section around here to post on as a guest but I am unable to log into my original account d3dly. I installed the google authenticator app on my phone but the codes would rarely work so after browsing around for some solutions I clicked on the option sync now because maybe the timing was off but it would say "there was a problem contacting googles server". I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app and same issue but now I need to rescan the barcode and there is no option to do that. Please help.

2. Best Answer:
    Post #6 by Arbiter, Feb 25, 2017
  3. American Express

American Express RuneMate Staff

Did you save the backup codes generated when you first added the 2 step verification to your account? It is reasons like this why you should ALWAYS save the backup codes.

eg: If your phone was lost/stolen you would be unable to log in to your account.

@Party @Arbiter may be able to help you with this, wait for their response.

4. d3dly help

were these e-mailed or texted to me?
    Are the backup codes the 10 on my gmail account? I tried using those and they didn't work.

5. American Express

American Express RuneMate Staff

The backup codes would've been provided to you within the two-factor authentication set up options.

6. d3dly help

Is there a way I can access those through my e-mail or something? If not I'm assuming an admin can let me rescan the barcode or use a different method.
    @Arbiter @Party help

7. Arbiter

Arbiter Mod Automation

No there is no way to recover your account if you got locked out because of two-step. You were provided with plenty of warnings on downloading backup codes when you were setting it up. Your failure to do so is on you.

8. d3dly help

no i wasn't given any warnings. either way it was a mistake not like I did it on purpose. there has to be a way on your end you could disable the verification and prove the account is mine by linking these 2 ips together or something. if not what do I need to do?