1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question a question about bot making

Discussion in 'Developer Support' started by eningly, Jul 7, 2018.

1. eningly

good day all.

i have a question on how to start making bot

i am interested to know how and where to start i have a little bit of knowlage of java, (mostly mincraft mod making). i have some experiance in c# and program myself in php 7.2 (thats the 1 most strickt on what you do).

can som1 point me in the right direction on where to go start making bots. i already dabled in the visual RM and that is nice and all but i think not that advanced.

thank you for your help in advance

2. Charles Isbell

If you know c# then you basically know java lmao. I would just take a look at some of the open source bots on the store, and look at developer tuts.

3. BruteForce

I would say the hardest part is actually setting up the Runemate development environment.
    All the 32,62-bit JREs / paths / program arguments / RS client / java configuration can be extremely confusing especially if you are just beginning Java.
    Take a look at this setup tutorial if you are struggling: Tutorial - Setting up IntelliJ for RuneMate

But do understand that this place is definitely not meant for java beginners.
    Most bots require understanding of advanced concepts like Tasks or Trees. (Not to mention adding a user interface which takes incredible amount of effort to do in Runemate)

My suggestion would be to start by making some simple java programs just for fun, and after a while it will become much easier to understand things even in Runemate framework.

eningly likes this.
  4. eningly

i can do some java things i did some mod work on minecraft but basic stuff. and need to dive in to android development for my job so i whas thinking to pick up bot making on the side when i am not working