1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A Shame Runemate is close to dead

Discussion in 'Discussions' started by Timber, Sep 15, 2018.

1. Timber

Hi,

Just wanted to share with you my thoughts on runemate. I believe it is the best bot just for the fact that it plays on the official client which saves a lot of potential bans. It is nonetheless a shame since almost all scrips are outdated.. the one I am using was last update more tha 9 months ago.. not a lot of player on discord or in chat...

It would be nice if you could do some marketing and communication to revamp runemate and make it the standard go to place for botting.

Botting on oficial client is brilliant!

Thanks

barnaclebill and Fused like this.
  2. CuppaJava

CuppaJava cuppa.drink(java);

If a bot is broken or dead, report it on the relevant thread. If you want a script bot that doesn't exist/work, request it on the forums.

Most of the time authors don't even realize there's a niche that needs to be filled.

BOOM BOOM and American Express like this.
  3. BOOM BOOM

Agree with @CuppaJava said, if you have a request for a bot put it in the discussion section or post on the bot thread that's broken. I'm taking time to develop new bots, so would be curious to see what you want made.

4. JoJo

Problem with runemate is not that it's dead, the problem is scripters private script bot for themselves and make all the profits most great bots are not released to the public premium or free since they would lose their uniqueness if they did.

#4 JoJo, Sep 15, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2018
  5. CuppaJava

Tbh public money making scripts bots help absolutely nobody, unless they're premium. But even then, the method would decline because other people would just make a bot for it.

But we should have all the niches filled for skilling/utility bots at least. A lot of niches are filled, just not with well designed/totally working bots.

6. dasgleef

not quite sure how/why you think runemate is dead bc one particular script bot in the runemate repo has gotten me to max combat on 2 separate accounts in about a month

7. prcrstntr

How many newer bots aren't made because they're simple as balls so competent people just make them in one of the 'build your own bot' bots, like visualrm or architect?

RS Rick and Fused like this.
  8. CuppaJava

Dunno, I've never really been a fan of the "make in in VisualRM" mentality tbh, even though I understand the reason. I feel like visualRM would be more useful if it exported into a regular LoopingBot to upload to the store. A lot of users don't know/understand visualrm/architect, so at a glance RM is missing a lot of bots on the store--even though they technically exist.

9. S Q U R E L

add a feature so that a visual rm file can get translated into a tree bot

10. Rhaom

This community is indeed in a very dire state for what is "Runescapes best bot client" there are almost no active bot developers and out of all the scripts bots that I have tried 80% of them are at least partially broken.

Almost every bot that involves banking will break when it try's to close the bank after depositing items.

It goes hand in hand with the state of Runescape too though, I played from the original classic and recently came back, the game might as well be advertised as a single player game with multiplayer capabilities, you rarely see anyone outside of Prif or the player owned farm area anymore.

Its a real shame :(

11. Aria

what profits ahaha
    also, public bots need/should meet higher quality standards than bots made for personal use for a couple hours, and the author would also need to devote some time towards offering support

The second has a larger role, RS is dying, kids are moving on to LoL and Fortnite, etc
    My main also got permed and then Bitcoin rapidly rose in price right afterward, so I was like whatever RuneScape is dead anyway

12. RS Rick

VisualRM
    I made a bunch of stuff on there. Super easy and simple
    HMU if u need something made

13. biblo

Its basically already dead. All the bots I need are either broken or unavailable. Hardly any scripters around and most don’t keep up with updating after a while

14. tonton

RS Rick Hey man, I am looking for a bolt enchanter but no current scripts bots work. Right now, I just trying to make one on Visual RM but I cannot even get the keyboard action working. Are there any tutorials out there? or can you give me some pointers? Much appreciated.

Daniel Mahan likes this.
  15. RS Rick

which game, send me pm, ill make u a basic one.

16. NewAveragio

Hey there I saw your comment. I'm trying to make a simple OSRS gold amulet smelting bot using VisualRM but get stuck because it isnt as simple as "inventory full? -> bank"

Can you help me write a script bot for this? Now that Edgeville furnace is f2p, i feel like this is a good opportunity