1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question About extending the default web

Discussion in 'Developer Support' started by trix, Dec 3, 2019.

1. trix

Ehlo,

I'm trying to build pathing into my OSRS bot. I would like to leverage teleports and shortcuts, smoothly pass through gates and stairs, and have reasonable entropy as well as apply PlayerSense where applicable.

I'm just getting familiar with the RuneMate API. The webPath seems like the tool for the job but for some reason I cannot get it to work even for simple tasks. For example this code will return "null" for the path from almost anywhere, including when I stand right next to the tile. I found a few tiles where it would find the path but mostly it's null. Also no luck for more complex routes like walking to Lumbridge bank.

Code (Text):
    1. Coordinate posInLumbridge = new Coordinate(3217, 3266, 0);
    2. WebPath path = Traversal.getDefaultWeb().getPathBuilder().buildTo(posInLumbridge);
    So the first question is, am I using the class wrong in some way?

If not, and the default web just doesn't know it's way around Lumbridge very well, the second question is that how would I go about extending the web for my purposes, to ensure that it contains the vertices for the routes that my bot needs to travel? I found some references to a tool by defeat3d but couldn't find it in the bot store.

Thanks in advance!

2. American Express

American Express RuneMate Staff

Howdy.

While this is indeed the correct sub-forum for this post, this sub-forum isn't very active.

You'll likely find a quicker reply in the #developer channel on Slack: Join RuneMate Chat | RuneMate

Good luck :)

trix likes this.