1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Account Security Question

Discussion in 'Discussions' started by aeven, Mar 13, 2019.

1. aeven

Long story short I got hacked and lost my hard earned money/items :( And so I’ve been bottling to get it back because I don’t have time to rebuild what was stolen.

I’m pretty sure I was stupid and entered info into a phishing site by mistake. But I never entered my pin... no clue how that was found. Maybe through my password or username it revealed it. Or maybe they deleted the pin and I just didn’t see in time? But it’s weird because I logged in and it did make me enter my pin to access the bank. My computer is safe.

My question is: how secure is my account now? I have authenticators on all my accounts now, runescape and emails. Passwords are all changed to something different from before and a bit different form eachother. Can someone hack my account now do you think?

Also quick question: if I use a mule to buy gold from somewhere and then transfer to my main do you think I’ll get banned? Like 40m?

2. nathantkd

If you have authenticators they will not be able to access it without your authenticator for the code. It requires a code per new log in and everytime after unless you tick the box to remember the device for 30 minutes.

3. Wet Rag

Wet Rag easily triggered ✌

If your account details are compromised they can easily bypass your authenticator.

4. aeven

Ok thank you! I was reading the previous reply and wondered how I could still access my account because they put an authenticator on it (but maybe it was just a friendly nudge from the hacker that I should’ve put them on).

So unless I put it in a phishing site or get my computer compromised I should be good. Because again all my passwords changed and authenticators added etc

Thank you!

What about buying gold :p?

5. Wet Rag

Buying gold has nothing to do with your account security.

And again Authenticator is NOT a layer of protection with Jagex. You need to have a separate secure email for your RuneScape account and NEVER enter your account details anywhere

6. aeven

Sorry, aside from account security.

Can I buy gold in bulk intervals of 40m? Or is Jagex good at watching RWT these days? Like will I set off any triggers/flags?

If I buy gold on a mule and transfer to my main can I expect my main to be safe or most likely banned?

Thanks!

7. Wet Rag

From my experience, It's a lot safer to purchase on mule and transfer over

8. nathantkd

My bad, it's been a while since i did all that really. - If you have email address with a new password, wouldn't it be safe? as you need to verify via email if im not mistaken?

9. Wet Rag

Yes, you would be safe. But from what I've seen, a lot of people get their emails compromised as well.