1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suggestion Add ability to warn users of potential down time to bot

Discussion in 'Client & Site Suggestions' started by Guru, Feb 24, 2017.

1. Guru

After today, I think we can see that users just do not notice the message above shoutbox or even search the forum.

I think a client warning needs to be built into the client so red names can set that warning whenever a script bot is ran. Just a simple dialog should suffice, but it must be very obvious.

I would imagine it would decrease the amount of people confused and posting random reports on the forum. I would also imagine that it would decrease the amount of developers getting spammed that their script bot doesn't work etc.

Abnormalprince likes this.
  2. Gengsta

Gengsta Community Manager

I support this, but only if it's simple to add.

3. Party

Party Client Developer

Not yet - but it's potentially something we can do in the future.

4. Guru

I would imagine the sooner it could be the implemented the better for overall user experience. A lot of script bot writes are having people stop using their scripts bots thinking that they are all of a sudden broken. Obviously it shouldn't take priority over some things, but to have it in place before the next update to either RS3/OSRS would mean less burden on everyone.

5. Gengsta

Gengsta Community Manager

If the user can't read then you most likely don't want that user anyways. (from my own experience)

6. Party

Party Client Developer

I mean this kind of thing very rarely happens, most updates are handled within 15 minutes automatically, so it's not a matter of priority.

7. Guru

Still feel like this is something that should be a priority, even if its unlikely that it doesn't work. Having it there in case shit goes wrong is very important. This will help the users stop spamming forums and means they can easily tell when its up/not. Even if its the simple ability to put a notification across the top to say "X game mode is down".

Especially with all the engine updates coming to OSRS soon, they keep changing the engine and it will keep breaking.

8. xkrasa

Would like to add something, this update might also decrease the amount of people asking for refunds due to failed bots during downtime.

9. Party

Party Client Developer

Already happening with RWS.