1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Request Add new Web Traverse method

Discussion in 'Client & Site Suggestions' started by awesome123man, Apr 10, 2018.

1. awesome123man

awesome123man Go check out new bots and give helpful feedback.

Since the web currently has no idea if you may want to return to the destination you left, what if we added a new method like .buildTo(Locatable dest, Locatable returnDest) that way the web can know if it should teleport far away just to bank or look in the near areas.
    @Cloud

2. Wet Rag

Wet Rag easily triggered ✌

Just make your own method, I know Qverkk has

3. Savior

Savior Java Warlord

I don't quite understand the problem you're trying to counter, can you elaborate on that?

4. awesome123man

People are constantly complaining about the web teleporting them to clan wars when doing stuff in edgeville, i believe that the web should be able to consider the overall destination after banking when traversing rather than just having a toggle to disable teleports... so I could enter the return point and bank so the web knows that it will have to return to edgeville and won't teleport far away.

It would fix bugs like this:
    When set to "Custom" in Edgeville to chop the two Yew Trees, when he gets a full inventory he uses teleport to Clan Wars and stays there forever.

5. Savior

Savior Java Warlord

Oh yes i understand now, I assume this is especially a problem when just looking for a landmark? The bot would teleport to CW to bank because it's the shortest path, but getting back would take even longer right?

Yeah this is a problem. If I think about it, it is quite hard to deal with it though. The problem is that the pathing algorithm would have to consider ALL landmarks instead of just the nearest one in order to find the most optimal one, and for each of these, a path to the original destination would need to be created to calculate overall costs. It's exponentially more complex this way and I don't see it being implemented unfortunately.
    Maybe (hopefully) cloud or someone can think of an alternative way though.

Edit: A workaround of course is to disable teleports, which should be a viable option, since you'd primarily use landmarks in a dynamic context.

awesome123man likes this.
  6. awesome123man

Yeah disabling seems like a patch more than a fix as it would be optimal to still use certain teleports

7. Overflow

I've had a stab a this a few times over the years,ideally you would generate paths to all the banks and then paths back to your target location and compare the combined cost.

However this becomes difficult to properly implement because of teleports unless you can pre warn the pathfinder of any various inventory / equipment changes that may occur at the bank. Otherwise you could not know your going to have a teleport back to the location so choose a bank nearer to your return location or a teleport you expected to have could have been banked resulting in sub optimal routes.

awesome123man likes this.