1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tutorial Wallet and Premium Bots FAQ

Discussion in 'Client & Site Support' started by Aidden, Jan 17, 2017.

1. Aidden

Aidden Author of MaxiBots

Premium Subscriptions:

RuneMate's premium model is different to the RuneScape botting scene's usual monthly subscription plans. At RuneMate, premium bots use the SaaS (Software As A Service) model and charge by the hour. This means that you no longer have to fork out large amounts of money just to use a bot a couple of times or to find out that it doesn't do what you wanted or doesn't work properly. You only pay for what you use.

For example: You purchase $5 in credits. You then start a bot that costs $0.05/hr. Upon starting the bot you will be charged for the first hour of use. If you only run the bot for 30 minutes, you will still have been charged for the full hour. When the second hour starts you will be charged another $0.05. This will continue to happen until the bot is stopped. If you run the bot for 3 hours you will be charged a total of $0.15 so your wallet balance will now be $4.85

If the bot uses breaks, you will still be charged for the break time period as the bot is still in use. If you manually pause the bot, you will still be charged for the break time period as the bot is still in use and connected to RuneMate's servers.

When you start the bot you will be charged straight away at the start of every hour, including when the bot first starts. If you stop the bot and start it again, you will be charged again for another hour, regardless of how long ago you were charged for the last session, whether it be 30 seconds or 10 minutes.

Why am I charged every time I start an instance?
    Upon starting the bot you will be charged for the first hour of use. If you only run the bot for 30 minutes, you will still have been charged for the full hour. If you stop the bot manually and restart it, you will be charged again. If the bot breaks, doesn't work or you are overcharged and you feel as though you deserve a refund, post in the relevant forum thread for the bot you are using, providing supporting evidence (eg: how the bug occurred and log files) and it is at the author's discretion whether they refund you.

I've made a payment, why have I not received credits yet?
    All payments are automated and if you have not yet received your upgrade, your payment will still be processing. Processing time varies depending on your bank. If this is the case, you will need to wait for the transaction to successfully complete or contact PayPal to find out more.

Please note: Running premium bots does NOT use your monthly hours allowance.

Your Wallet & Credits:

Your wallet holds all of your funds available for premium bot usage. Credits will be taken from your wallet at the start of each hour the bot is in use, including when the bot first starts.

Purchase Credits:

Credits can be purchased on the forums here:
    upload_2017-1-17_22-7-1.png
    or by following this link: https://www.runemate.com/community/adcredits/packages

The wallet can also be accessed from the client:
    upload_2017-1-17_22-25-24.png

Please note: Credits can not be used to purchase Supporter/Sponsor packages.

#1 Aidden, Jan 17, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2023
  2. Riverblade

So for example, I use the Premium herb bot.

I decide to clean harralanders to get to a certain level. this takes me 20 minutes. The I clean other herbs for 40 minutes.
    That's 1 hour.
    But because I had to start the bot twice (to change the herbs) I'll get charged for 2 hours anyway?

That sounds stupid, since especially at low level you gotta change your settings a lot.

Hypo222, Licht batch and jaytee2 like this.
  3. awesome123man

awesome123man Go check out new bots and give helpful feedback.

Ask the author to add a feature to change settings during the bot usage...

Qosmiof2 likes this.
  4. Riverblade

it'd be better to make that a requirement for a script bot to have premium status.

Hypo222, jaytee2 and alex_rodd like this.
  5. Arbiter

Arbiter Mod Automation

We are not open to suggestions on the mechanics of the premium system at this time. I only say this to help you save you time typing and thinking about this.

awesome123man likes this.
  6. Riverblade

We both know that If a good idea is suggested you'll implement it :p

anyways, with what Aidden said I'm perfectly ok with how things work.

luisana Rs likes this.
  7. Aidden

Turns out that there was initially a grace period but since spectre it no longer works and won't be re-implemented. If you are not happy with this, take it up with the bot author to implement changing settings during runtime.

8. Serene

Serene ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

It doesn't charge you again.(edit - now it does because of the lack of grace period)

But I'll look into adding it. Pm me or post on the discussion thread next time for a quicker response, this is a good suggestion.

Edit: Has been added.

#8 Serene, Jan 21, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2017
  9. hildegunde

if for example a premium script bot costs 0.05$/h and i want to use N bots, does it charge me (N x 0.05$/h) or just 0.05?

10. Serene

Serene ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Charges you per instance, per bot. So if a bot costs 0.05/h and you have 10 instances running of that bot every hour, you will be paying (0.05*10) every hour.

11. hildegunde

12. tdotsfinest12

Not sure if this is stated in here but I did see how at the start of every hour on the respected bot, it will charge you the fee (example 0.05$)

If I stop the bot exactly at 30mins, restart it the next day, it won't charge me for starting it up again, but it will when i have done another half hour (totaling 1 hour botted for the one solo bot)

Is that right?

13. Savior

Savior Java Warlord

No, it will charge you everytime you start a session and/or when a new hour begins on that session. if you end the session at 30 minutes, you will still get charged the next time you start a session.

14. tdotsfinest12

Oh damn, okay thanks!

15. dylan.23

So I had Party's pest control premium not crash on me 3x earlier in the first hour and got charged for all 3x I started. So I'm confused because the restarts were in the first hour

tdotsfinest12 likes this.
  16. Serene

Serene ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

You are charged if you restart even within the first hour. Every new restarted instance will charge you right now.

Mine should be supporting rs3 really soon. You might have less crashes with Divine instead of Prime

17. Aidden

That's what it was originally going to be before, but it didn't end up being implemented that way. If you read the actual post it explains how it works.

18. Infinite Monkeys

Really bad system, I ended up paying 15 cents for about 10 minutes of botting, had to fiddle with the settings and ultimately it worked worse than a free bot. It shouldn't be difficult at all to just charge 5 cents for every hour that the bot is actually run for, rather than every time it's started. All that's required is a seperate server-side timer for each account and premium bot. The fact that you've implemented it like this and are refusing to listen to suggestions is shameful, you're blatantly providing a shoddy product to line your own pockets.

19. Arbiter

Arbiter Mod Automation

Please see AWS, the largest cloud services in the world, as a reference implementation. That is just one of many *aaS providers that have this exact model. There are many logistical reasons to implement it as such that would take me a writing a white paper for you to understand and even then you may not. Unfortunately I don't have the time to do something ridiculous like that to convince one person, so I'll have to leave it at the following choices: you can either trust me, trust Fortune 100 companies with the same model, or not use *aaS products.

20. Qosmiof2

Qosmiof2 I've been called a god before.

You are bitching about 15 cents...

now go to another client, pay 20$ for a month in advance and don't get a refund.

Happy botting