1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Request Allow author access to past usage statistics of running bot

Discussion in 'Client & Site Suggestions' started by Snufalufugus, Feb 5, 2018.

1. Snufalufugus

IMO, the most user-friendly way to having a Lite/Premium bot is to limit the bot based on time usage.

Authors currently have to implement the tracking of runtime in some creative way on their own.

Since this data is already collected by Runemate to show overall and bot specific hour usage, it would be much nicer if authors could access this data to use for their Lite/Premium bots.

Optimally, we would be able to get this usage time in the format of minutes, hours, or days, within a specified time window (Hourly, Daily, Weekly, Monthly, Quarterly).

Serene and Savior like this.
  2. Derk

Derk 12 year old normie

Honestly, storing it in managed properties is so easy and requires so little effort to implement, that I don't see why you wouldn't take that approach.

3. Snufalufugus

That is my current approach. But this data is already there, and would be nearly impossible to tamper with. I'm not sure how hard it is with managed properties; I've never really looked into it.

4. Derk

Derk 12 year old normie

I'm using a class that is created by @Savior that has a method that stops the bot if it's over the max you set it to, and updates the managed properties in runtime with the time spend using the bot. If you hit me up on slack I can share it with you if that's okay with savior.

That you can't tamper with the usage statistics form runemate is a moot point because you can't tamper with managed properties too.

5. Savior

Savior Java Warlord

Nice idea, even though it may be easy to implement, using managed properties for this feels kinda janky.
    If the bot only has access to its own statistics I cant't see any reason against it.

awesome123man likes this.
  6. Serene

Serene ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

7. awesome123man

awesome123man Go check out new bots and give helpful feedback.

+2
    Even tho i doubt tampering is an issue. Dont see a problem.