1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Request Allow users to select location of RS clients

Discussion in 'Client & Site Suggestions' started by NickHough, Mar 23, 2019.

1. NickHough

Hey,

This is a request for improvements to the client itself.

Upon not being able to successfully be able to run a bot, the first setting i looked for was the ability to control the path to which my RS client sits in. Without luck i gave in a looked here to see why it couldn't detect my client.

The easiest way to get around this is to allow users to point their Runemate client to a path (via a setting) to their Runescape 3 and OS client locations.

2. Parametric

Are you trying to start RuneScape from RuneMate? If you are unable to do so it's because you haven't correctly installed RuneScape.

Are you trying to have RuneMate connect to an already running instance of RuneScape? RuneMate doesn't use paths to locate running instances of RuneScape, it uses the VirtualMachines API which locates all virtual machines (java instances) currently running your computer. I believe it does some various filtering and checks for window titles and process names etc.
    What does this mean?
    Having the option to provide RuneMate a path to an executable doesn't do anything because it doesn't use paths to locate running instances of RuneScape.

If RuneMate is unable to detect running instances of RuneScape you should start here https://www.runemate.com/community/forums/client-site-support/

Swatarinaess and Gengsta like this.