1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Always wanted to make bots now I’m majoring in CS dger

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Fastdeath, Jun 15, 2019.

1. Fastdeath

Hello I’ve been playing runescape since well 2005 and I always wanted to make bots, personally I have though it was one the coolest things ever, I’m not new to bottling I’ve had plenty experience from using other bots, I decided that runemate will be the best one to go with. I have used almost every other platform even tried out robotz in disguise ( last year 130m xp before ban osrs)

So little about me I’m close to being done with my CS degree so that’s nice I’m going to start a 2nd bachelors in business, ( a cis degree might have been better because it cs and business mixed together) I love learning it’s very easy for me and I have a full time job I work with overtime with while doing school, Trimester. Since a lot of my lower courses are the same I wound have to take them again and just focus on around 42 credit hours with upper classes. I never went to community college or anything just jumped straight into 3 year university ( private ) so even with scholarships and stuff it is extremely expensive paying close to $650 a credit hour so any extra passive income will help.

I have used runemate before wonderful client this was in 2017 though I decided that creating a new account will just be a lot more easy since I don’t even have access to the email I used for that account.

So what are my goals for helping the runemate community, they themselves are pretty simple I will start out creating some niche bots that go along with new content this will help me familiarize with the api and dev tools, after that I will plan to release a couple of bots that for free to use and see how the community takes to them.

So what do I plan for developing as my first bot? well it’s just really going to be a basic bot with a gathering skill, and see where that goal from there. I will try to get used to banking getting inventory and Incorporate the action of using hot use keys that almost every player does, ore boxes etc...

After I know my way around api etc... I will start trying to get used to making basic combat using revo++ ( I think full manual will be to hard to use and code since I won’t fully know all the api yet. )

After I successfully complete those 2 goals I have set to myself I plan to start making a first navigation based bot maybe for a couple quests that way I can have knowledge of pathing, teleporting navigation amount other things.

When having learned pathing, combat, user based navigation, I plan to start to learn how to best start off with combat I don’t think making a Dagannoth Kings bot using revo++ and tier 85 weapons ( don’t want to risk ban with tier 90s ) that will really help knowledge with gear switches, action bars and many other things that basic pvm requires, picking up items alching magic note paper etc...

When I have successfully completed those bot goals I have in mind, I will aim for a AIO mining smithing bot that maybe makes master work from scratch or I’ll start on a God wars Bot for either Zammorak, Armadyl or Bandos generals. At this point I still plan on using revo++ but I do also plan and manually activating certain threshold ability’s.

After getting a GWD 1 bot I might try something out like an AIO slayer bot or try to make ability rations to use full manual for further combat and advance to actual pvm challenges like gwd2, Nex, corporal beast, Qbd? And leastly telos and arraxi.

My final goals will be either to make a dung bot or a elite dungeon bots.

I have attempted to make bots many times before but I was just always overwhelmed with where to start what to do etc... while this is will be a hobby it will also greatly help me with having my first experience of real world uses with all the stuff I learned like work flow, algorithm implications, and Optimization of code. Since all I have right now is just a bunch of knowledge I learned and done a whole lot of sim work activities but I have no yet applied anything to real world uses, basically I know all the theory’s and everything behind it and how it’s supposed to work. But like how many of us know that theory’s is one think but real world applications is another. I still have 30 something credit hours until I get my bachelors but I feel confident that at this point I have learned enough to where I would not be completely overwhelmed like I was so many times when I opened up a dev tools.

To some this all up, I’m doing this so I can better how knowledge of workflows etc.. but also will fill a childhood dream I had of making runescape bots and if gold farming helps with 100k plus in student loans that will always be welcome.

I will try to post an update status within the next week or two, on how my progress has been going.

2. Fabreze

Fabreze #1 Fabric Cleaner

Good luck!

CS Degree will help in terms of past exposure/work with java but IMO most of the learning revolves around the Runemate API itself, which you can find documented here: Generated Documentation (Untitled)