1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anti-Ban Chat idea

Discussion in 'Discussions' started by SlightlyBaughty, Aug 7, 2019.

1. SlightlyBaughty

SlightlyBaughty Lets take over RS with bots :)

Hello,

I have had some experience with Twilio's messaging API's and was curious about another feature for this Client. To add to the Anti-Ban of this Client, it would be cool if you could integrate the twilio API to send text messages to you phone of what players are saying around you in Runescape, then whatever you send back via text message would be said by your character. That being said i have not looked at how much work this would actually take, or if they have an SDK in Java, I will look into this later today and post back on this thread!

Thanks.

TubbyMcNuggy likes this.
  2. Wet Rag

Wet Rag easily triggered ✌

“Antiban” is a farce. What could you possibly think would make a bot resistant to bans?

Random mouse movements? Opening tabs and hovering skills? Moving your mouse off screen?

None of these actions are “antiban”. If you want to reduce your risk of getting banned, quit botting 24/7 and quit botting the same thing with the same bot day to day.

The only thing you can realistically expect from your bot authors is to write a stable bot that is robust enough not to get stuck regardless of the circumstances.

Stop asking for stupid fucking shit like “antiban”. It isn’t real. The stereotypical “antiban” users ask for is a predefined set of actions that are pseudorandomly selected at pseudorandom intervals. And guess what? This is predictable at a certain threshold.

Pseudo random number generators, which are used for these pseudorandom intervals use a deterministic algorithm for generating numbers and as the sample size increase both in duration and quantity (bot usage and user count), you can observe the overall trend of performing these “random” “antiban” actions. So quit asking for it.

The depth of complexity required for writing a bot with divergent playstyles is over the head of pretty much every bot author in the entire scene. And it’s also impractical. You’d have to implement machine learning algorithms that ultimately slowly achieve the goal of performing the action correctly and at an optimal speed. This period of poor performance while the bot is literally learning how to perform the action is something the user does not want to be involved in. So bot authors have written predefined logic for handling a specific set of actions a single way and it just works.

tl;dr: “antiban” doesn’t exist. People who ask for it are mentally retarded. Literally deluded. Quit botting all the time and expecting a bot to avoid bans for you. Be realistic and bot occasionally.

cmb likes this.
  3. SlightlyBaughty

SlightlyBaughty Lets take over RS with bots :)

LMAO, chill bro. It was just a suggestion for a fun new feature, dont get your panties in a twist. Also, if you are stupid enough to bot 24/7 then you deserve to be banned. I wouldnt bot more than 3 hours a day on an account. Im surprised and disappointed to see such a response from a "Bot Author", why not support additions to a software? Thats how things incrementally get better, and more ROBUST. I agree though, there is probably not a true "anti-ban" feature, but its the thought of mimicking the not so predictable movements and actions etc.

4. Wet Rag

5. Gengsta

Gengsta Community Manager

[​IMG]

bold of you to assume playtime matters

Crayola, MKSpec, TubbyMcNuggy and 7 others like this.
  6. Makutu

Makutu The Omen

7. Fabreze

Fabreze #1 Fabric Cleaner

That 'response' from wet rag is a copypasta that is posted as a response to every 'anti-ban' idea that people post, don't get offended it's not personal!

SlightlyBaughty likes this.
  8. xMissMage

If you don't get banned are you still stupid?

Wet Rag likes this.
  9. Steviodaddio

You sound like a programmer with an ego too large to accept that there are better ways to do things.

I deal with guys like you pretty often at work; and 99% of the time there is always a better alternative within reason.

Programming isn't rocket science, granted it can be extremely tough given certain conditions, but it's not impossible or impractical for us programmers to continually improve the structure of code and make things more and more reliable with each revision.

Stop acting like a prick and lightly mention that a perfect anti-ban isn't achievable but trying everything along the way is possible... Maybe more people would pay for bots if shit was more reliable compared to half the garbage bots I've used on this site.

#9 Steviodaddio, Aug 21, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2019
  10. Fabreze

@Wet Rag he just called you a programmer :eek:

11. Steviodaddio

What a garbage copy-paste then. Zero exception for this when OP simply threw a suggestion out there.

12. Fabreze

It's not all garbage, in fact, most of it is quite accurate. When most authors try to implement their own forms of anti-ban, it will usually have the opposite effect as they are, in essence, adding extra patterns which can be picked up by bot detection. Anti-ban is a largely misused term and if you take the time to read his post, it's pretty factually accurate except for the last bit about divergent playstyles which is now quite feasibly achieved through RuneMates PlayerSense API.

Also, this copypasta's been around for years as a response to the thousands of users that request all sorts of whacky "anti-ban" features that would detriment bot reliability and structure. Yea this is a cool idea but it's never going to get implemented because the executives and developers are focused on improving "the structure of code and make things more and more reliable with each revision" not adding crazy new features that will likely have little to no impact on ban rates.

The best anti-ban a bot author can do imo is implementing player-sense as that comes as close as it gets to achieving divergent playstyles for each user, and this is something that is up to the bot author to implement through the already existing API.
    --- Double Post Merged, Aug 21, 2019, Original Post Date: Aug 21, 2019 ---
    Also, quite a lot of people pay for bots... if you're having trouble with a bot you should contact the author/post on the bot discussion page about it so they can try and fix the issues/refund instead of complaining about them on a "Discussions" forum post!

13. Steviodaddio

I don't disagree that it may be accurate, considering the amount of ideas that get thrown at me daily about "just add this simple feature" when the customer or boss has zero clue how to program, but I think it's garbage way to throw it back in someone's face for simply asking a question.

You said it pretty well yourself. In my own summary, "we try to avoid new "anti-ban" features that we don't deem reasonable due to them typically creating more patterns that get picked up by bot detection". What more would someone need to read aside from this?

I would love to chat more on reliability and structure of code, in addition to improving anti-bans on both sides of the code. It seems the decision handling in Java is either poor or not laid out as I'm used to with what I program in my daily work.

Sent you a DM, but I have reached out to a few and reviewed a handful of bots with little to no reply and have tried using the bot weeks later with zero changes.

#13 Steviodaddio, Aug 21, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2019
    Fabreze likes this.
  14. 0Rogue

Sounds like a valid suggestion to me; the aversion to "anti-ban" centers around unnecessary input e.g.: checking the skills page, or performing a specific action in response to a specific input (like auto reply in chat).

Notifying a user on keyword or username inputs is a much more reasonable feature to suggest, the only input resulting from it would be from real people anyhow.

15. iRS

iRS

The only REAL anti ban, is not botting.
    Just be smart.
    Don't bot more then 4h's per day.
    Do some quests in between, take a few days off some times.
    Don't bot double xp weekends,...bla bla bla

Fabreze likes this.
  16. golock

What the fuck Gengsta??? Does that Account still live?

17. Gengsta

Gengsta Community Manager

18. Defeat3d

Defeat3d Primate

19. Savior

Savior Java Warlord

This time in form of a mobile app

20. Wet Rag

Lmao
    Dive into a sandbar you fucking spastic

Fabreze likes this.