1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question Anyone got a barebones GUI example?

Discussion in 'Developer Support' started by CuppaJava, May 20, 2018.

1. CuppaJava

CuppaJava cuppa.drink(java);

I've been working on some bot dev the last couple days and that's going great, but I have no clue where to start with adding a GUI. I've searched a bit and found a couple confusing guides and some super complex open source GUIs. Was wondering if someone could post/direct me towards a simple GUI example proj including the xml files, java files etc. I'm a backend developer irl, GUIs scare me.

By simple I just mean something like a GUI with some basic stuff on it like functioning text box, a button or two, maybe a drop down list.

2. Wet Rag

Wet Rag easily triggered ✌

Theres a bot on the opensrc store written by @Quinnn i believe that has a good UI template

3. b0ss0wn3r

I couldn't find that particular repo. Do you have a link?

4. Daniel

Wouldn't using any JavaFX tutorial suffice?

5. Swych

Check QPlanker on the store. It's my open source bot with a GUI and controller and functionality, it should give you the generic framework for how to use a GUI. Also, install Scenebuilder by Gluon.

b0ss0wn3r likes this.
  6. Wet Rag

Wet Rag easily triggered ✌

@b0ss0wn3r

7. b0ss0wn3r

Wow. Awesome resource, extremely well documented. Wish we had more stuff like this.

Thanks man!

8. Ace Bots

Bot Store | RuneMate < This open source bot has a startup and runtime UI you could grab, and just strip out all the bot specific stuff to make a template.

I use an abstract boilerplate for the bots I write so that I only have to add the bare minimum to get UI up and running.

UncleMorpheus likes this.