1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone have experience with permanently bans on older accounts?

Discussion in 'General' started by Bubber, Oct 22, 2019.

1. Bubber

Just curious about the specifics of this type of situation. I have an account from 2004 that got permanently banned for botting. I used the appeal form on their website almost immediately after it happened and it got denied.

What's the best course of action from here? Do I wait and send another appeal? Do I try to reach out to a J Mod? Or should I just assume the account is gone for good and move on.

2. cakefan

Jagex didn't reply to my appeal for a whole month, when I sent it again they finally reverted my ban. But if the appeal got denied I wouldn't get my hopes up.

3. Bubber

Yeah, I'm just wondering if anyone has had success after a denied appeal before. Just curious if it's worth the effort to pursue this, like if I would have success waiting a month or few and trying again, or something.

Definitely a lesson learned but it would be nice to apply that learning.

4. cglax8

Yeah i got 2 of my accounts unbanned from botting since 2014. You need to appeal but saying you used a 3rd party client. I've recieved emails both times and them saying something along the lines of "We clearly did not make an error when applying this ban, however on rare occasions due to the longetivity of your ban, we realize players learn from their mistakes and we will lift this offence off your account" **NOTE: both accounts got banned early 2014 from osbuddy or whatever that bot was

5. Alex Rida

i got 5/6 accounts un-banned after appealing. They were banned in 2014, so they just un-banned me saying I must've changed as a person.

6. Maxvinchers

yeah haha lol i got 3 accs unbanned from 2014 bot bust today one had 19 offences several of which were botting xD, I just used rsis new apology system oh and yes i got a perm ban on an acc that was first day creating 2days ago but that was on a cooking bot which was strange

7. CxXxC

Dont say things like your account was hacked, you wernt botting, etc.

Own up to it, apologize, and say you want to give rs a new start.

That's how i've got my accounts from 2007-2009 unbanned. Hasn't failed yet.

8. Aria

Use the "I made a mistake and would like to apologize" option.
    I got my old main from 2013 back, which had a previous macro minor along with the major infraction I was banned for.

Maxvinchers likes this.