1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ApexCrabber PRO 1.6.7

The proper way of dealing with crabs.

1. proxi

proxi s̶c̶r̶i̶p̶t̶ bot*

Is Numulite something that should always be picked up? Or optional?

Also, yea I agree... pathing in RuneMate can sometimes be inconsistent. I do like the idea of letting the user specify where the bot should reset though. How would you expect to do that? Just enter in the coordinates manually?

2. wyyx

EDIT: Nevermind, posted on wrong script bot page.
    i would use this if it was more stable and supported fossil looting.

3. proxi

proxi s̶c̶r̶i̶p̶t̶ bot*

It does support fossil looting...

4. Excremation

Dude please update it to pick up rare fossils. It picks up all other ones, rare fossils are a 1/1135 drop and I've missed 2 of them because it won't loot them.

5. proxi

proxi s̶c̶r̶i̶p̶t̶ bot*

What exactly are the fossils called? Items by the name of "Unidentified small fossil", "Unidentified medium fossil", and "Unidentified large fossil" are supported and work.
    If there is something else, can you be more specific?

Edit: I found it... "Unidentified rare fossil". Like you said lol :p

I've already added it to the bot. While I'm doing some touchups, anything else?

#1105 proxi, Nov 30, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2020
  6. Excremation

Awesome man thanks a lot!

To be honest other than that the only issue I've found is the traversal when it tries to reaggro.

It's really quite clunky, it goes way too far West when it only needs to run a bit South, and it takes ages to get where it's going. Like it'll go into the forrest to a spot that's close on the minimap but the character has to run a way around to actually get there physically.

But then idk if that's more of a client issue instead of a bot thing?

Adding more Ammonite crab spots would be nice as the Southern spot is constantly crowded, and the long traversal times mean it always gets hijacked while reaggroing for 5 minutes lol. Although that wouldn't be nearly as bad if the traversal was better.

But yeah honestly other than that this is a good one, does what it needs to and has good humanizer/anti-ban features. I'm brand new to RuneMate and this ApexCrabber in general, but I was very active on a previous popular bot forum before it was taken down. I can say from experience that using that previous bot I'd have absolutely been banned way before now, so thanks for all your work.

Edit: Just missed a Clue Scroll, maybe you could add those to the loot as well? :D

#1106 Excremation, Dec 1, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2020
  7. proxi

proxi s̶c̶r̶i̶p̶t̶ bot*

I'll add clue scrolls too :)

Yea traversal is a little tricky. To go a little into it, there's not a set distance you have to run away from your tile before it resets agro. So the does it's best to calculate an area within the supported area, with a circular cutout of a 28-ish tile radius around the player, but not exceeding 40-ish tiles. This means the bot can run in just about any direction around the player, but within the zone.

Below is a rough idea of what I mean. I think it's the proper approach to solve the problem, but I may redo my implementation of it since I've also ran into a few traversal issues.

Red dot is player. Nothing within red circle, or further than the green circle will be navigated to. Only the yellow-highlighted blue area will be chosen. Also, this is a rough sketch and not exactly the area that bot is using.
    [​IMG]

Hope that sheds some light on things!

8. Excremation

Ahh I see! Very insightful thank you for that, it’s always easy to be critical when you don’t know exactly how things are working behind the scenes.

Would it be problematic to make the path just go southwards for re-aggroing? So instead of being able to kind of run anywhere around the beach, instead it just runs south to the camp (where the bank is) and then back up?

Of course I have no idea of any issues this may possibly cause, but I think it would definitely make the reset period slightly quicker. With that said I think the main issue is just the fact that it clicks to walk to a spot, waits till it gets there, stands there for a second, and then clicks to the next spot. This is what makes it take so long.

There would potentially also be less space for the bot to get lost/stuck on tricky terrain that is placed around the forrest/beach area, I would hope!

#1108 Excremation, Dec 2, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2020
  9. proxi

proxi s̶c̶r̶i̶p̶t̶ bot*

The down side to have a predetermined re-agro spot is that all users would then be re-agroing to the same location which could generate a consistent pattern for Jagex to detect.

I am going to be looking into traversals before this next update though, I'll probably have something pushed out into the queue for store approval on Friday :)

ggggggg1 likes this.
  10. Excremation

Ah yeah I hear you man.

Awesome I look forward to it!

Thanks for being a chill and active dev, most don’t even take the time to respond, let alone have a conversation to help the users understand.

proxi likes this.
  11. proxi

proxi s̶c̶r̶i̶p̶t̶ bot*

Update has been pushed in the queue. It will go through an approval process and be on the store (hopefully) soon.
    Code (Text):
    1. ApexCrabber
    2. - Improved traversals
    3.    - Completely removed web walking from the bot since it was performing so poorly. Traversals have been replaced with a mixture of region and bresenham pathing.
    4.    - Fixed an issue that was allowing existing bresenham and region paths to generate steps that were too large in tile lengths.
    5.    - Region paths will now only be calculated if the destination is further than ~18 coordinate lengths.
    6.    - Some other small changes, should provide a quicker overall traversal experience.
    7. - Added support for picking up "Unidentified rare fossil", and Clue Scrolls. (Please let me know if you see these work, I haven't gotten one to drop yet.)
    8. - Improved logic for detecting nearby Ammonite crabs and when agro is lost on them.

12. proxi

proxi s̶c̶r̶i̶p̶t̶ bot*

proxi updated ApexCrabber PRO with a new update entry:

ApexCrabber PRO v1.5.8 Released!

• Improved traversals
      • Completely removed web walking from the bot since it was performing so poorly. Traversals have been replaced with a mixture of region and bresenham pathing.
      • Fixed an issue that was allowing existing bresenham and region paths to generate steps that were too large in tile lengths.
      • Region paths will now only be calculated if the destination is further than ~18 coordinate lengths.
      • Some other small changes, should provide a quicker overall traversal experience.
    • Added support for picking up "Unidentified rare fossil", and Clue Scrolls. (Please let me know if you see these work, I haven't gotten one to drop yet.)
    • Improved logic for detecting nearby Ammonite crabs and when agro is lost on them.

Read the rest of this update entry...

#1112 proxi, Dec 6, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2020
  13. MonsterMadness

can you add cakes as bank support?

14. BinaryArcher

So I've used the bot for roughly 20 hours now and I've noticed a couple of issues. Great new is that it does work, and the anti-ban seems to work.

However, the bot frequently gets "stuck" training on rock crabs -- not the end of the world as I'm pretty causal.

The worse bug is that sometimes (has happened twice now), the bot picks up the pickaxe and clicks to equip it. I'm guessing this is the humanizer accidentally clicking wrong things.

In my case, I've been training magic and range, and didn't want any more attack. The real problem is that this ruins your stats if you're going for a build. My char now has 7 attack levels higher than is needed, which has brought its combat level up 2-3 levels.

15. proxi

proxi s̶c̶r̶i̶p̶t̶ bot*

I've never seen that happen before... interesting. I'll go ahead and add a failsafe to drop any pickaxes that are picked up, but in the meantime if you come across that happening again can you take note of the timestamp and send me the log file? Thanks for reporting this to me!

16. hovah

Pretty sold script bot however resetting aggro in crabclaw caves is pretty slow. Each step takes 30-45 seconds. 2 Minutes total for an otherwise 30 second task.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 7, 2021, Original Post Date: Jan 6, 2021 ---
    Resetting time seems to be working now but it doesn’t bank after food is out (crab claw caves)

17. proxi

proxi s̶c̶r̶i̶p̶t̶ bot*

It's honestly been quite a while since I've been in the caves. I'll try out that location in my next session and see if I can reproduce your issues. Thanks for reporting them to me!

18. maikiew2

Re-aggro not working anymore @ ammonite crabs. used to work pretty damn good. Now it keeps clicking in the sea and walks around and stays clicking in the sea until auto-stops. Weird, never had this problem before.

19. proxi

proxi s̶c̶r̶i̶p̶t̶ bot*

Do you recall when this started happening?

20. V1l1s

He looting one by one darts and just walking, can you make he loots only stacks? its not legit. OSRS.