1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are your users complaining that your bot is slow? Let me profile it for you.

Discussion in 'Developer Support' started by Cloud, Apr 20, 2016.

1. Cloud

Cloud Engineer

This is only available for developers that have established themselves. If your users are complaining your bot is slow, send me a pm with an account and the name of the bot. I will profile it for about a half hour and establish a list of hotspots (the slowest points in your code). This will not be a rapid turn around offering, it may take several days.

Additionally, this is only available at most once a month to developers. You can do it on your own, but many people don't have experience interpreting the results. For the next two weeks, I will allow a submission once per week.

Furthermore, we do gain insight by doing this and occasionally realize that we can optimize certain things, because of this it benefits all developers.

Questions? Ask away.

#1 Cloud, Apr 20, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2016
    Vahtos, Salvation, Qosmiof2 and 5 others like this.
  2. Qosmiof2

Qosmiof2 I've been called a god before.

Thank you. But:
    -> your*

3. Dryrr

[​IMG]

Qosmiof2 likes this.
  4. Salvation

Salvation First Bot Author

Might be worthwhile to implement some metrics then. It would allow you to track the frequency and duration of function calls, which you could plot in nice graphs. Then, when you make an improvement and see it visible in the graph, it gives you a bit more motivation too ;-)

Qosmiof2 likes this.