1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suggestion Automaticy attach recent log files when exception is thrown

Discussion in 'Client & Site Suggestions' started by qverkk, Apr 3, 2018.

1. qverkk

So as always, we have issues figuring out what an exception might be as there is none reference to any of our code and we can't communicate with users that had the exception cause there is no such a way to chedk what user had it. So is it possible to change the way that exception logs works? Example: First show the regular stack trace that we would get as always, and below that add 2 downloadable files from that session, the file from bot it self, and from the runemate logging stuff. This way we could determine what could be the issue to at least try and fix it.

@Cloud @Arbiter @Party

Snufalufugus likes this.
  2. Swych

Support. 99% of the time when a user replies "the bot crashes on startup" the bot authors reply is "show me the logs". Would be extremely beneficial.

qverkk likes this.
  3. Party

Party Client Developer

Which would require both A. us to upload the file from the users computer and B. store that file in the cloud, and then C. make it available to the developer.

There's a few other concerns which I won't address here but I think that if you want to handle automated log retrieval then you should do so yourself.

As an aside, if there's any exceptions with no references to your code, the likelihood is that it's a client exception which should be escalated.

4. qverkk

Do you have any suggestion on how to catch all exceptions so I can do that?

5. Savior

Savior Java Warlord

The exceptions will be printed into the logger, so you can go from there

6. Derk

Derk 12 year old normie

Try catch your entire code and do an upload.of the stacktrace in the catch block hehe xd

Swych likes this.
  7. Savior

Savior Java Warlord

yeah or that

Derk likes this.