1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ban for nearly no botting, need guidance on what to experiment with from here

Discussion in 'Discussions' started by AxeHandle, Mar 14, 2019.

1. AxeHandle

So I made two accounts. Both on separate VMs and separate OpenVPN IPs from a VPS- Which I was going to eventually move down to 1 if both accounts survived.

On the first account I botted heavily- I expected a ban on that one, and the second mostly manually played. Both were banned within day 3.

On the less botted one which I'm concerned about, here's the history-

-Manual tutorial island
    -Moved account from VM to an old laptop with fresh windows install, still on same OpenVPN IP as before. I wanted to play this one manually for a while and slowly ramp it up to compare ban time, and its harder on a vm
    -Did a few quests manually
    -Bought gold from gold seller. Bought bond, moved most of the gold to another account, that account is fine. ban was not for rwt
    -Manual combat to all 20s, small training inbetween
    -Manual fletching to about 25?
    -Manual prayer to 25 via bone burying
    -Manual mining to 30
    -Tried some combat scripts in stronghold, saw no players. Tried Osbot injection, about 10 minutes, moved to mirrored for about 25-30 minutes. Watched entire time.
    -Back to manual play, mined in motherload mine, grind for a few hours to get myself about a quarter way to the coal bag
    -New day
    -Back to combat, in stronghold. Try a few scripts on Runemate since I'd been using it on the scuicide bot account, and like it.
    -Combat script ran for an hour or so, I watched entire time, no people.
    -Did more quests
    -Tried motherload mining script, didn't like it, it ran less than 10 minutes. (I ran that on the scuicide account for several hours)
    -Went back to manual and grinded to about half coal bag, 52? mining
    Banned when I logged in by morning

Both accounts had the same type, moderator comment. Thing is, basically the only time this account was around people aside from GE (which I did not bot in) was in motherbload mine, with a script running under my watch for about 10 minutes. If I'm to believe that it's a manual ban, I was banned for playing legit on this account. Now I do have experience with that-

When I first tried to get back into rs for the first time since EoC a few years ago, I made an old school account and bought mems immediately, started playing. Started what I'd normally do- grind all stats to what I need for recipe for disaster, did a bunch of quests as well. In about 2 days, I manually played about 12 hours and was close to the stat requirements (except like agility and slayer) I started doing the motheload mine (about the time before the expansion) then grinded the blast furnace a lot. By about 3-4 days of play, I was banned for macro, same comment as above, which really put me off the game for quite a while.

Unrelated- Later got another illegit ban when I started playing again in 2017, I was banned on my new main for RWT after accidentally leaving my PiA vpn connection up while playing for a few days, got that one reversed after bitching on social media like "literally never had a large trade with another player asshats" . So I have a feeling a lot of people who get false rwt bans probably played on a a shared IP VPN like PiA by accident.

So here's where I'm at- I want to experiment with new accounts, but I don't know where to start. I've gotten the same ban before by literally playing normally and just getting too much xp on a new account or something. I watched the entire time on this account and interacted, as little interaction as there is in osrs. Did one of the 3 client types I ran get me? Do bad scripts cause instant ban? Total runtime of all scripts on this account was less than 2 hours. The other account that was banned basically had the same gameplay path, same leveling, just botted instead of manual like this one. Again, different IP, but it was banned no faster.

Was it actually a mod reporting me? Was it detection of the injection bot of OSBot I did once?

Should I try a few new accounts, and should they be mems or not? Should I not do much on an account until It is older, even if I play it manually? Was it rwt related even though it said it was macroing?

Any guidance, tips, or links to other tips are much appreciated.

#1 AxeHandle, Mar 14, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2019
  2. Boosted

The way that an account survives is to use bots that are trusted and have not gotten you banned before. I have my bots that I use. I don't bot for more than 3 hours at a time and I always use them at heavily populated areas if its a bank only skill (fletching, crafting, herb, etc). I have more than 100M exp each on two separate accounts that I bot on twice a day (3 hour limits). The only manual that I do on the accounts is questing, which both have more than 100 qp's.

I have made an account, botted through tutorial as always.. botted cows for like 5 hours and came back to a banned account. It just happens sometimes.

AxeHandle likes this.
  3. AxeHandle

So do you think this comes down to the script I used being detectable? About an hour on the one CB, 10 minutes or less on all others tested on this account.
    Back in the old days I was a script writer, and I wouldn't be opposed to making my own private scripts.
    For ease of use, do you think I should try next with VisualRM?

4. Lil Jeep

Newly made accounts are HEAVILY monitored. I have a back log of accounts I bot because I make an account do some manual things on it and wait a month or so to actually bot it.

AxeHandle likes this.
  5. AxeHandle

I think in addition to whatever accounts I'm going to try next, I'm going to manual one play entirely, but like use the injection based osbot client and see what happens. I'm going to try to stock up some accounts for a couple of months before I bot on them.
    I might also buy and old account to experiment with for now. A cheap low level one. Unfortunatly player auctions wont let me sign up since they wont accept my verizion cell number since it thinks it's voip, and support is like "try another number". Well assholes, if you don't allow voip I only have one real cell phone, I'm not getting another plan just to use your stupid site.

Edit
    So it appears I had another account tied to that phone, I had no idea I had a PA account. Their support is clueless, they could have told me that, would have been helpful.

#5 AxeHandle, Mar 14, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2019
  6. Headhunter Kharzai

Not much to throw in here that hasn't been said, but I'd have to reinforce that you shoudn't bot on a freshly made account (especially with high-risk skills). The account I'm using at the moment is one I made a couple weeks ago and bought members on when I started it, I've done a decent amount of manual stuff before I even considered botting.

Now, between botting sessions, I'll manually do other skills and quests. Even still I only bot for 3 hours or so (give or take about 30 minutes) at a time, two times a day like someone above has stated. As I get higher skill levels I'll slowly up that time to about 4 hours with a 30ish minute window on either side.

Also, carefully watch any bot you haven't used before. Do it for longer than 10 minutes, I watch constantly, or at least on and off, for a couple hours before I'm comfortable leaving it by itself for long periods. It could be perfect for the first 10 minutes, but 50 minutes in it could do something really weird, and repeat that action every hour or so which is the perfect way to get banned fast.

Finally, be very careful after game updates (or bot updates).

Hope that helps a little bit!

AxeHandle likes this.
  7. AxeHandle

Well for the account I'm concerned about I basically did all this except it was a new account. I did watch the one bot I ran for an hour, and I didn't do high risk things- why I stopped the motherload mine after 10 minutes and just did it manually. I did quests, changed stills I was manually training a lot, but I got hit for running a combat script that I watched for the whole hour, and no one came to the area I was. This is my main point of concern, I hope I just got reported for playing legit in the ML mine and got banned from the actual botting after review. As I'd mentioned before, I've been banned on an account I played 100% legit after doing the blast furnace a lot. I hope it's that, someone just reported me and everyone at the mine (there were a LOT of clear bots there, why I stopped the script before it even did a whole cycle) and I got wrapped up because it was a new account and it did bot. Otherwise it means the combat bot I babysat for an hour was detected without reporting.

8. xenf

osrs botting is really hit and miss, you might get banned in 3 days, 3 hours or never

AxeHandle likes this.