1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Banned - what did I do wrong?

Discussion in 'Discussions' started by Arucrazi, Jun 3, 2019.

1. Arucrazi

Hello, sorry if this is the wrong place to post. Please let me know if it is.

Basically, last year I recovered a 10+ year old account of mine on osrs. I had been playing Runescape for a while and was interested in botting and how it worked, so I decided to try it out.

I downloaded runemate, downloaded a free script bot (can't remember which one) I loaded up the client and tried to set up the bot, clicked start and nothing happened, at all. So I logged out, deleted Runemate and went back to my main. After a while I decided to log back into the 10+ year account to find I had been Perma banned. How did they know I had attempted to bot? I'm guessing just having Runemate installed got me banned, as the account itself would have shown no evidence of botting, as I didn't technically bot at all.

My main had been caught using an auto clicker (stupid I know) and received a 2 day ban around the same time, but I don't understand how they knew I had Runemate and tried to run a script bot on it. I just want to know if anyone had an explanation for this.

Many thanks :)

2. Maxvinchy1

this is either a troll post or your just being stupid arucrazi having runemate installed will never get you banned the client is completely undetectable by jagex, ive had a mining bot on for a week straight before.

this is a safe client it is obviously something you have done yourself. proberbly a terrible auto clicker. even though its near enough impossible to get banned with an autoclicker. plus its your own fault dont bot on something you dont wish to risk

3. Arucrazi

I don't care about the account, that's why I used it to play with botting, im trying to work out what got me banned, I never used the Auto clicker on OSRS, I used it on my main on RS3. Like i said, I logged in to Runemate, tried to run the script bot and it didn't work. I logged out, some time later I logged in and Perma banned. Im not saying at all it was Runemate or jagex detecting Runemate, I am asking how Jagex worked it out considering the bot never ran. It's a bit fishy how you come straight on here and call me a troll. What I said was exactly what happened, now how did Jagex know? That's what I'm looking for so I can make sure it doesn't happen again.

4. FlabbyMan

I would speculate you downloaded another client for testing, along side Runemate. Rune mate is undetectable but there are some known clients out here which are detectable e.g Powerbot for RS3, if open a fresh account in the client, and log out, your account will be permed on next login. Good luck with future botting.

Short and sweet, Runemate client is undetectable, as it uses the official client.

anon2121212 likes this.
  5. Darkkenshi

As much as I love runemate, it is not undetectable. No bot client is undetectable, it's just the way it is. Runemate is however a very safe client to use with a low banrate, due to features such as clouse, but what will make or break a ban is usually the type of bot you use. If it's a repeatable action that is repeated every x seconds for x amount of time, it's not very hard to detect that you are botting. (Which is why people recommend take breaks or use bots such a visualRM that allow you to create your own unique bot.