1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OSRS Banned

Discussion in 'OSRS' started by Cujo, Jun 19, 2021.

1. Cujo

got a ban after using cuppamotherload mine for 4 hours...
    Luckily it was just a 2 day ban since my accs 2.2k total level lmao. sketch bot wouldnt reccomend you use it

2. MagicMushroom

I just got a 1 day ban using the cuppa miner, has the cuppa bots been flagged by their bot detection?

3. CuppaJava

CuppaJava cuppa.drink(java);

I'm sorry you guys got banned, but I'm glad to hear they were temp bans so at least you can still use the accounts.

There's very little code-overlap between my traditional mining bot & motherlode, as the logic is entirely different. So it's very unlikely their possible detection would be related.

Unfortunately mining in general (especially traditional mining) is a moderately risky activity to bot. Motherlode I'm quite surprised by though, as I really haven't gotten many complaints about bans from it and I've personally used it a lot on my accounts. If you're botting reasonable hours, with breaks & the afk handler, the risk should be fairly low.

Did you use breaks & the afk handler? 4 hours isn't long for botting with breaks, but it's a very long time for botting without breaks.

And I don't mean to sound like I'm passing the buck here, but it's impossible to know which bot actually got you banned due to how Jagex delays bans. @Cujo I recognize you are new & if you haven't botted on the account before then the only logical explanation was that it was motherlode. But @MagicMushroom I'm seeing you've used other bots, and said a few days ago that Dan Blast Furnace got you 99 smithing? Dan makes great bots and I'm not trying to blame other authors (and I'm not saying it's because of his bot, because I have no clue), but if you're using multiple bots within the last few weeks, it's impossible to be sure it was the last one used that got you banned.

Anyway, like I said, I'm sorry to hear it anyway. Unfortunately I've done essentially all I can do on my end and bans are always a risk.

MagicMushroom likes this.
  4. MagicMushroom

Yeah the faults on me for sure, I don't blame any of the authors, Ive gone way too hard on the botting for the last few days and have been pretty much active almost constantly in the last 72hrs. I knew prolonged activity in any one task would equal a ban but I thought I was being safe with rotating the tasks ie mining, then some herblore and then some slayer, now I know not to be active as much in general, even if not botting. Fortunately I have gotten to a decent level in almost every skill and will be able to manually grind it from here, however I will start a new account and slowly build that up as a backup because I'm sure I will bot again.

Thanks though for the great bots and the hours of mindless grinding you've saved me from!

5. Cujo

I'm probably quite weak to bot bans since i always spam fkeys randomly when playing normally, they probably just noticed a difference in my game play