1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies are hurting gamers?

Discussion in 'Discussions' started by CIN_47, Jul 25, 2017.

1. CIN_47

Hey guys!

A lot of gamers have been caught off guard by the latest happenings in the world of cryptocurrency mostly because of radically altered graphics card prices. I won't be surprised if this isn't the last time cryptocurrencies cause a shortage of gaming GPUs...

Do you agree with this?

2. Jux7apose

Seems normal. Technology progresses, and mining being easier to do, especially with more support and performance for a cheaper price tag. Luckily, it seems like GPU's are slowly coming back in stock, but bots are still buying out the stock. IIRC, 580's are shipping at the end of August, or it may have been the 1070...

Discussions
    or
    https://www.runemate.com/community/forums/casual.66/

Not under RS General Sub-forum btw

Did a Google search of your first sentence, there are a bunch of articles, did you actually read the article or just C/P and pose the question? I couldnt even tell what I was answering, actually, i still dont know if i even answered "your question" lol

3. Swatarinaess

Swatarinaess Bot Consultant

Its a partially free market. Mining with GPUs is only really good for ETH mining. 470s and 480s are perfect cards for mining ETH.

Also I disagree.

4. Wet Rag

Wet Rag easily triggered ✌

monero

5. VAG

VAG

Well considering that gamers are the lowest tier computer users, I support mining crypto.

6. Led

Led

Lol you silly twat, its good for gamers, look up all the old used GPUs that are selling for 20% of their original value on ebay because they're no longer relevant to bitcoin mining, most of those GPUs are high end and could ran most games.

7. Swatarinaess

Swatarinaess Bot Consultant

Completely forgot about monero. Good point.