1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Biting off more than I can chew...A true AIO

Discussion in 'Projects' started by lb25, Mar 16, 2019.

1. lb25

So I started writing my first bot a few weeks back from scratch, trying to work through the api and forum examples. My dream was to have an external application that could create an email account and a new rs account, then this could be fed into runemate automagically, added as a new bot. From there my bot could be activated. My current thoughts are to start off through tutorial island, with a bit of human randomness miss-clicks and bad ideas to simulate a noob human. From there work through various skills and quests to simulate a human starting quests but not really doing anything. All the way through F2P...

At this stage I run across the map to do barbarian village fishing, cook on the fire and drop. Along the way he attacks Imps if they're pretty close by and picks up the beads for drops.

I have started working through the decision making process with a custom task based system etc. Without jumping in a telling me there is too much to do, I would love some feedback as to some tips and tricks I could work with.

I would be happy to create a git repo for it as well if people wanted to try and contribute, but that is all up in the air at the moment...

2. Diesel Dee

Would you explain a little bit more about what the goals for your bot are? Did you want it to make accounts/emails and perform tutorial island, then progressively skill? Is the objective here to make an "All in one" account starter that can get an account going and be as human-like as possible, or am I mistaken? Interested to hear more about your plans. Thanks and good luck :)

3. lb25

After reading a bit of the forums, some of the runemate devs recommend to create email accounts/rs accounts outside of the environment. So I would more likely create an external app to do that at some stage.

At this stage I have been working on the actual bot that will be able to start with a fresh account on tutorial island and ideally progress fully through f2p. doing all the quests and all available skills.

As of right now I can only navigate to draynor village for fishing. fish, cook and drop items. I can also check current status of Sheep Shearer and A Cooks Assistant with the varps to see how far I have progressed through it. At some point I would like to release it to be a supporter only bot as open source so I can get some ideas on how to improve it etc.

My aim is to make it more of an average human player and not optimised for things, trying to keen the ban rate down.