1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bug Bot failed to bind to the game client because of an AgentLoadException

Discussion in 'Client & Site Support' started by Robn, Nov 11, 2017.

1. Robn

I knows there's been a lot of these posts, but they seem to mostly be for Windows. I'm trying to run this on a Mac with no luck. I've tried these things so far:

-Loading the client from Runemate and binding it that way
    -Manually loading the client and then trying to bind
    -Uninstalling and reinstalling

I downloaded the version for Mac, but when I click it nothing opens. The standalone file is the only thing that I can get to load.

Hopefully someone can help.

2. Daniel

I don't think anyone has found a solution for macOS (for Windows there are solutions).
    I've tried using OpenJDK 8 and 9 and still no luck.
    Problem is Java for macOS is 64-bit, and the stuff RuneMate needs to do (cross-JVM magic to bind to the OSRS client) needs to be done with a 32-bit JRE.
    There's no 32-bit Java for macOS.
    You could go ahead and try to compile OpenJDK 9 to 32-bit binaries and see if it works with RuneMate. I doubt it will be easy.

tl;dr there's still no solution to this for macOS.

3. Cloud

Cloud Engineer

For non-windows operating systems the only architecture requirement is that the JDK that RuneMate Spectre is running on and the JDK that RS is running on are the same. Note that I am saying JDK however, and Java 9 compatibility is still not officially supported on any operating system. The recommended JDK is Java 8u144

4. gtreed93

Any idea why it would happen on windows 10? been running great for a few days, now it will not load at all, keeps saying failed to bind;agentloadexeption.

5. Daniel

This is good to know. I'll try doing more stuff now.
    --- Double Post Merged, Nov 13, 2017, Original Post Date: Nov 13, 2017 ---
    There are many threads about this issue on Windows and it being solved.

gtreed93 likes this.
  6. Crawl3r

Crawl3r InfoSec Fanatic

@Daniel did you manage to find a fix for working on Mac? I'm hitting the same problem, things are running on my windows machine fine - but I'd much rather it up and running on my mac system.
    cheers

7. ziplock1738

[Debug] Java Home: /Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk1.8.0_121.jdk/Contents/Home/jre
    [Debug] Java Version: 8u121 x64 (Oracle Corporation)
    [Debug] Maximum Heap Size: 683MB
    [Debug] RuneMate Version: 2.75.0
    [Debug] Operating System: Mac OS X x64
    [Clouse] Downloaded 1000 human mouse movements selected for you by Clouse.
    com.sun.tools.attach.AgentLoadException: Unable to add JAR file to system class path
    at sun.tools.attach.HotSpotVirtualMachine.loadAgent(nw:114)
    at nul.iiiiIIiiiiiIi.catch(xjc:105)
    at nul.iiIIiIiiiIIIi.run(gkc:208)
    com.sun.tools.attach.AgentLoadException: Unable to add JAR file to system class path
    Checking for a new game client every second for two minutes or until one is found.
    Found a new game instance after 15 seconds.
    00:00:00 INFO Downloading 2 missing or outdated cloud resources.
    00:02:14 INFO Failed to bind to the game client because of an AgentLoadException
    00:03:41 INFO Failed to bind to the game client because of an AgentLoadException
    00:08:24 INFO Attempting to start official client. If it does not open shortly please do so manually.
    00:10:38 INFO Failed to bind to the game client because of an AgentLoadException

Still don't think its working for Mac

8. Crawl3r

Crawl3r InfoSec Fanatic

Same issue here. I asked in the slack channel and based on their response and my tests, getting java to run in 32bit on a Mac isn't possible since Java 6 (I think that was it, not 100% sure) so... ultimately, I guess it's not possible unless there's a global update to work on 64bit. But that's WAY too big an ask when we can spin up a Windows VM ;)

9. Daniel

Nope. I kinda gave up and I'm drowning with university work.

10. Crawl3r

Crawl3r InfoSec Fanatic

No worries :) good luck!

11. ziplock1738

I have tried a bunch of different things trying to fix this issue. Uninstalling and reinstalling java as well as runemate multiple times, but nothing seems to work. The log is simplistic and has nothing else but this...

00:00:00 INFO Downloading 2 missing or outdated cloud resources.
    00:01:00 INFO Failed to bind to the game client because of an AgentLoadException

If anyone has fixed this on mac please let me know, thanks.

12. Crawl3r

Crawl3r InfoSec Fanatic

I've kind of just settled with writing my stuff on Windows for now. I guess you could roll back to a version of OSX which had a 32 bit java, but if you were going to do that I'd personally just spin up a Windows 10 VM and utilise that for your bots. Make a shared folder to allow you to access the scripts bots on Mac if you still required them.
    Apart from that, I haven't found a way to get this working just yet.

ziplock1738 likes this.
  13. Cloud

Cloud Engineer

if you're on OSX you can utilize a 64bit JVM as long as RuneScape is also ran on a 64bit JVM. The 32bit JVM restriction applies to windows only.

ziplock1738 and Crawl3r like this.
  14. Crawl3r

Crawl3r InfoSec Fanatic

!!!! Thanks, I will give this a go :D

15. ziplock1738

Screen Shot 2017-12-20 at 1.41.42 AM.png
    Do you have any idea what is causing the agent load exception? Basing off what you said it seems to be an issue with the two not running on the same 64 bit. So i'm assuming that the runemate client installs the proper java but the OSRS client from the website has a standard 32 bit?

I just uninstalled runemate and all java versions and reinstalled them both and now when i click on the app for it opens for a split second and then closes before a window appears.

#15 ziplock1738, Dec 20, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2017
    taxlex12 likes this.
  16. taxlex12

Could you please post which java version will work for both runemate and osrs? Is there a version of java that will run both or has the mac runemate client been abandoned? I get an AgentLoadException after I select the account and client to use.
    00:00:00 INFO Attempting to start official client. If it does not open shortly please do so manually.
    00:00:43 INFO Failed to bind to the game client because of an AgentLoadException

ziplock1738 likes this.
  17. apocalo

facing same issue, posting to add visibility. Tried everything I've seen said in the many other threads regarding this. This appears to be the most recent/active thread. Usually use runemate with windows (with no issues), but currently only able to use mac laptop.

18. stinkyhorn121

Yea same issue here on mac. Not sure what to do at this point :'( haha

19. ziplock1738

Still no fix for this?

20. samgboon12

I'm getting the message, failed to bind to the game client because of an AgentLoadExeption on my MacBook Air every time I click start instance. really frustration can anybody help please?