1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OSRS Bot Farming

Discussion in 'General' started by Moiin, Apr 17, 2022.

1. Moiin

Hi All,

I’m currently attempting to kickstart bot farming but I am in real need of some mentoring and advice. I understand you need to put in $ for overhead costs but I’m not sure where to start. I’ve got a bonded account ready to go and I want to expand onto more accounts but I need mentoring on a few things.

- Where to buy a VPS (best and cheapest really) and how to configure it to run bots.
    - How will I setup the bots to run across multiple SOCKS5
    - Ideal methods to run on level 3 accounts or where to buy decent accounts to kickstart botting
    - Is there a way to mass buy accounts?

I’m also seeking a guidance as what methods to use. I know it’s a stupid thing to ask and that no one will reveal their secret handshakes - but if there is a verified vendor or trustworthy members I am willing to some money your way for wisdom.

I know there are a dozen guides out there but some do confuse me and having someone to talk to about it all will help significantly.

Please feel free to DM me here.

2. CuppaJava

CuppaJava cuppa.drink(java);

You probably won't directly get all this info, (and I don't directly know all this info) but a couple things off the top of my head:
    - aws/azure/gcp have free tiers/free credits you can use to try spinning up a few 100$ of VPSs for free
    - I don't usually recommend proxies but you will need them for VPSs. All I really know is apparently people use proxifier and don't use any public VPNs or anything, and you'll kinda need to take your proxy supplier on his word for things like "private"
    - depends. Botting on lvl3 especially in f2p requires huge scale to show profits. You can find okay low level moneymakers on the osrs wiki and find bots for those. You probably want to use at least mid level members moneymakers imo. A lot of people also buy/level accounts to unlock better moneymakers: eg thieving elves is like 2-3m/h, which is the same as 20-30 low level accounts making 100k/h. But obviously requires a lot more building. But less VPS space. Or none if you're running 10 elf thieving accounts. More mid level stuff can make you decent gp too. Blast furnace is a classic but I would be careful how many hours you bot on it at oncr. But check out Dan Blast Furnace (especially after his next update he has planned).
    - there's big account sellers out there. You could check out playerauctions as a start and/or sythe.

Start small and test the viability of your farm before you start messing around with the VPSs and proxies and stuff though. You can run a lot of accounts on your PC locally and scale from there if all goes well.

3. Moiin

Thanks for taking ya time to write that. Some good tips in there.

- Would you happen to know where to buy SOCKS5? Some of the websites I've seen charge a large sum and some others are cheap but seem dodgy.
    - You also say you wouldn't recommend proxies, what else would you recommend instead?
    - With proxifer, if what I'm reading is correct, is it possible to have multiple instances of runemate running all individually set to their own seperate proxies?

4. CuppaJava

Honestly I've never used proxies with RM so I'm the wrong person to ask, I just read a bit of info on it here and there. I don't really know which proxy sellers are good, and people can be a bit protective of their sellers so they don't become too popular with other botters. You could try asking on the RM discord though (https://runemate.com/discord) Not sure about the separate proxies thing, but I think it's common to run at least a few accounts+ on each proxy.

I do recommend proxies if using a VPS, kinda by necessity because VPS IPs are public info (I think) or have a ton of bans on them. If botting from your own IP, I just wouldn't use proxies until you're into medium scale/large scale stuff. I used to do small scale "goldfarming" on a dozen accounts and didn't find I was getting "chainbanned" a ton, and my main(s) which I didn't goldfarm on (but did bot on) didn't seem at higher risk. tl;dr I don't think jagex cares much about IP unless it has TONs of bans. Or is publicly a known vps/vpn/proxy ip.

5. Moiin

Do you believe botting one account on my home IP as a member and another on F2P will get me caught? Do you think two max would be a sensible idea or would have them both as a member help?

6. CuppaJava

You don't need proxies if you're only botting 2 accounts. And I don't personally believe it raises the risk.

Members or not also doesn't really matter imo. But this is all just my impression.