1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question Bot Popping up in Windows

Discussion in 'Client & Site Support' started by Yoyoshi, Apr 20, 2016.

1. Yoyoshi

I run the bot in the background while I'm doing other things on my computer, but occasionally it pops up. Is there an option to prevent this from happening?

2. Arbiter

Arbiter Mod Automation

Minimize it.

3. TheCanadian

minimizing actually has not been working 100%. though the bot stays minimized, if you say, have osbuddy opened while botting on the osrs client, and you are on osbuddy typing, all of a sudden the icon for osrs lights up orange and your keystrokes stop being recorded until you click on the osbuddy client again. Same happens if you are typing in google chrome or any other application. Whenever the bot clicks on anything inside the osrs client, you have to click on whatever application you are using to continue typing. @Arbiter

4. Arbiter

Arbiter Mod Automation

Purely an operating system thing. I'm sure there's a way to suppress it. I just haven't been able to reproduce it on my system so I can't figure out a way. You can ask around. Pretty sure I saw some people say they figured it out. Regardless there isn't much we can do on our end, since we don't modify the client at all and let it interact with the operating system however it usually does.

5. Jordo

I had this problem, minimizing it via the actual button by the X looks to have solved it. Shouldn't be necessary though I hope it's fixed in the future. I wanted to have the bot on my second monitor so I could supervise it while gaming and it tabs out of my full screened game every single click.

6. Arbiter

Arbiter Mod Automation

It is necessary, because it is how the official client and the operating system choose to handle it. Trying to change it would require client modification, something we will not do due to detection risks. Safety comes with a price, and sometimes it's your convenience.

Jordo likes this.