1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OSRS Broken Paid Bots Should Be Removed.

Discussion in 'General' started by JoJo, May 23, 2018.

1. JoJo

I believe that any premium broken bots should either be removed or be stripped of their premium status. A lot of the current premium bots are broken and although many people comment on the threads about bugs and such that they are experiencing the author will either not respond, not care, and or have stopped maintaining that bot. That is costing countless members money, while putting money in the pockets of authors who are either no longer active or lazy. I think that would improve the over all quality and reputation of runemate. It would also help members feel more confident in using the premium bots knowing they are in good working order.

2. Wet Rag

Wet Rag easily triggered ✌

3. Triage

Theres definitely a lot out premium bots out there not worth premium at all, and some of them haven't been updated in a very long time.

I do think it's a good idea to reset the current bot store entirely, and keep premium bots at a very high standard otherwise it'll just turn to shit again eventually.

theteddyman likes this.
  4. Gilies

Agreed, they should be reviewed monthly

5. Derk

Derk 12 year old normie

Name them. Most authors are willing to fix bugs but often don't know these bugs exist. That's why we get salty when people leave reviews because stuff is broken without giving us a chance to fix these bugs first.

Negrita likes this.
  6. Negrita

public shaming, it is!

7. JoJo

@Derk Prime hunter is a (prime example). Most mechanics of it are broken and although many user including myself leave feedback on the thread it is never corrected. The entire mechanics of the bot are broken. I will go through and compile a list of the broken scripts bots which authors don't respond to and keep taking the money when i get back home from work.

8. Snufalufugus

If you think the prem bot with the 5th most hours is broken enough to warrant removal, don't bother with the list, because you'll just be ignored.

9. JoJo

I never said it warranted removal. I think it should be stripped of premium until. The author starts heading the users about the many bugs it has.
    --- Double Post Merged, May 24, 2018, Original Post Date: May 24, 2018 ---
    Example on green salamanders the boy loses nets and ropes very fast. Then it has no more itll sit there clicking the tree. Over and over and over again until the user stops. It same with orange salamanders. In falconry it stays stuck talking yo Mathias until the user moves it away from him. And then it hunts but clicks on the minimap towards Mathias after every catch sometimes reaching him and getting stuck again. And I know I've seen people post about China being broken to an extent. Yet the author does not reply and does not fix bugs. I think this warrants it losing premium as it can get users banned. All these have been brought up on the thread.
    --- Double Post Merged, May 24, 2018 ---
    So yes I will bother with the list. And yes I will mention all the bugs I find on the bots thread if it hasn't already been brought up a million times. Broken bots even if useful should not deserve the premium status.

Mia Malkova likes this.
  10. Wet Rag

Wet Rag easily triggered ✌

Quantum woodcutt

11. JoJo

Take @Savior for example he knew he wasn't going to be able to maintain his bots for his personal reasons so he made them free until he could make time to work on them again. That's what a good author does. A good author doesn't just ignore his user base.

#12 JoJo, May 24, 2018
    Last edited: May 24, 2018