1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RS3 Buying gold

Discussion in 'RS3' started by Prlkei938, Mar 29, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Prlkei938

How risky is buying gold? For example if one account was to suddenly receive 300m gold would Jagex detect this and ban the account?

2. UnionJack

From my experience, and with the way jagex speaks about the whole RWT subject over the years, it seems like they know immediately, but will choose whether or not to gut you for it depending on whatever the hell makes them decide such things. They're supposedly able to give accurate statistics regarding how much of their playerbase is botting and how much is RWTing, and the guys that are selling you the gold are using the same account endlessly until it's banned, some of them are stolen accounts.

If you have some level 10 twat trading billions of gold in lumbridge every single day, even the worse system in the world would find it hilariously obvious what's happening. If you're playing on a main account, and your account has a decently long history with the game, i'd be willing to bet money they don't ban you for 300m, but they'd probably flag the account or whatever.

3. Savior

Savior Java Warlord

Generally speaking, buying gold is never an issue. It‘s the sellers that get RWT bans. And 300m is such a small amount that it doesnt even stand out to jagex in the first place

4. blood1000

The most I have bought at once is 250m and that was very recently on OSRS without issue, traded it via two mule accounts and had no issues. Jagex should be able to easiliy detect these things but they tend to go after the sellers rather than buyers, don't use a VPN as this might actually increase your ban as if you trading on different IPs they might actually think one of your accounts is the seller, you can trade junk put to be honest I reallt doubt it makes a big difference given values have been tracked atleast since the introduction of the GE.

I have transfered 100m many many times, I've bought about 500m in the last few months without issue, I'm sure Jagex know I bought it...bonds are too expensive.

Once more thing, don't use a fresh level 3 account to mule the gold, on OSRS (maybe rs3 too) the trade restrictions on new accounts mean you will be able to recieve the gold but not trade it off the mule account until you either hit certain skill/quest requirements or become a member, very wasteful to buy a bond on a fresh account which you have 0 use for. Just find an old account to mule, as long as it was created before a certain date restrictions won't apply, you can easily test it to see if it's trade restricted.

forbobo likes this.