1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bug Can't launch RuneMate in sdk mode on specific pc. Detailed information provided.

Discussion in 'Client & Site Support' started by Norma Steetz, Feb 9, 2018.

1. Norma Steetz

Hi, I'm having a problem launching runemate in sdk mode. On 1 pc I'm able to run rm in sdk mode fine with 1gb ram allocation, and on another pc i get an error: (see uploaded spectre-log) . This error does not occur when i run runemate not in sdk mode. Also this error seems to occur irrespective of ram allocation (1gb+), it (possibly) just takes longer to happen.

The error occurs while logging in to RuneMate. After this error, RuneMate continues to try log me in to no avail.
    The pc with the error is a Windows Server 2012 R2 x64. Just 1-2 days ago RM was working fine in sdk mode, before this abruptly started happening 100% of the time. It started occurring prior to any OSRS update and hence also prior to the most recent RM update. I did not have jdk on the computer but I installed it as part of trouble shooting, but this did not help. The versions of jre and jdk are 8u161 x32 and 8u162 x64 respectively. I have tried reinstalling runemate but the problem persisted. The bat file I launched looks like this:
    java -jar -Xmx1024m RuneMate.jar -sdk -(user+pass)
    It works fine, until you add the -sdk arg.

While writing this I realised that my logs are, "RM requires update" and then the game-log and then the spectre-log. I'm unsure if whatever is happening in game-log has broken my RM, or it may possibly have been the update.

All assistance is appreciated, thanks.
    --- Double Post Merged, Feb 10, 2018, Original Post Date: Feb 9, 2018 ---
    Not exactly sure how but error appears to be fixed. I uninstalled and reinstalled jre, rm and osrs. It now appears to be working!
    --- Double Post Merged, Feb 10, 2018 ---
    So it's actually not fixed, but I've narrowed down the cause of the problem. By uninstalling jre I reset the local bot directory in rm which is why it started to work. This is also why I have no problems launching rm in normal (not sdk) mode. It turns out the problem is changing the local bot directory. The folder I changed it to is a shared folder on the desktop. Inside it is com -> folder -> bot folder -> classes/manifest files.

Attached Files:

xxxx likes this.