1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Resolved Can't load AMD 64-bit .dll on a IA 32-bit platform

Discussion in 'Developer Support' started by blahberrys, May 10, 2018.

1. blahberrys

Just gonna jump right into this bc its pissing me off. Attempting to run the Spectre client through my IDE. The project was built agaisnt 64bit JDK, the client opens no problem. Apparently 64bit JRE is not supported for OSRS, seriously...? Anyways, I download 32bit jdk/jre restart my IDE and edit run configurations so the client will run with 32bit jre, NO PROBLEM. Well when I attempt to run with 32bit I get this error message:

C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_144\jre\bin\attach.dll: Can't load AMD 64-bit .dll on a IA 32-bit platform
    Now I'm confused here because this is stating it's attempting to load a 64bit version of JRE, but I switched the project and the run configurations to a 32bit version and it even shows in the console its been loaded with 32bit

[Debug] Java Home: C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_151
    [Debug] Java Version: 8u151 x86 (Oracle Corporation)
    [Debug] Maximum Heap Size: 248MB
    [Debug] RuneMate Version: 2.84.0
    [Debug] Operating System: Windows 10 x64
    So I think, HEY! I'll just download the 32bit driver for my GPU as AMD is obviously being a piece of fucking shit right now!! Turns out they don't even offer a 32bit version of the driver for my GPU/OS! What the fuck do I do now? /rant

Full console errors:
    [Debug] Java Home: C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_151 [Debug] Java Versio - Pastebin.com
    --- Double Post Merged, May 10, 2018, Original Post Date: May 10, 2018 ---
    SOLVED. Needed 32bit version of IDE.

2. Best Answer:
    Post #2 by Wet Rag, May 10, 2018
  3. Wet Rag

Wet Rag easily triggered ✌

You're extremely special.

[​IMG]

blahberrys likes this.
  4. Savior

Savior Java Warlord

what budget IDE are you using lol

5. blahberrys

What is the derogatory of your interrogative? As if it is not common practice to produce free, open sourced, IDE's in today's age.
    --- Double Post Merged, May 10, 2018, Original Post Date: May 10, 2018 ---
    Thanks, I think so too!

6. Savior

Savior Java Warlord

The architecture of your IDE should have nothing to do with the runtime of the program except for debugging purposes maybe but thats irrelevant.